TDA7265, how to unmute.

Bassblaster

Greetings. ive been that last month making a high powered 2.1 amplifier just in my free time for fun, jump straight to the point, how do i get a TDA7265 to come out of mute. this is the circuit i have and this is what i got
upload_2018-5-3_21-40-35.png

Will this work to keep the IC out of mute? if not, what will?

I do not understand what you are trying to do with this chip. Attached is the data sheet I found for the TDA7265. According to your drawing the positive supply pin (3), mute pin (5), output 1 pin (2), output 2 pin (4) and the positive supply pin (3) are all tied together through a 10k resistor to VCC. Look at the data sheet for an example of a circuit suggestion.
Here is the information quoted from the datasheet about the mute/standby function:

MUTE STAND-BY FUNCTION The pin 5 (MUTE/STAND-BY) controls the amplifier status by two different thresholds, referred to +VS. - When Vpin5 higher than = +VS - 2.5V the amplifier is in Stand-by mode and the final stage generators are off - when Vpin5 is between +VS - 2.5V and +VS - 6V the final stage current generators are switched on and the amplifier is in mute mode - when Vpin5 is lower than +VS - 6V the amplifier is play mode.

Hope that helps . . .

Attachments

• tda7265.pdf
    394.6 KB · Views: 10
According to your drawing the positive supply pin (3), mute pin (5), output 1 pin (2), output 2 pin (4) and the positive supply pin (3) are all tied together through a 10k resistor to VCC
well i can assure you they are all differentially not all tied together, image was just cut off at the bottom. what im kinda lost at is HOW do i get that -2.5 to -6V on the mute pin

well i can assure you they are all differentially not all tied together, image was just cut off at the bottom. what im kinda lost at is HOW do i get that -2.5 to -6V on the mute pin
See Figure 15 on the datasheet, and note the voltage needed on the mute pin is referred to the +Vs power supply rail.
If you have no need to control it just connect it (5) to ground through a 1k to 15k resistor and the amp will always be on (out of standby and unmuted). You may get some noise out of the speakers as the power supply comes on. To eliminate that just use a larger resistor (15k or so) to ground and a small capacitor (1uf?) from the mute pin to +Vs. This will keep the amp muted until the power supply settles, then quickly un-mute it and keep it un-muted.

Last edited:
See Figure 15 on the datasheet, and note the voltage needed on the mute pin is referred to the +Vs power supply rail.
If you have no need to control it just connect it (5) to ground through a 1k to 15k resistor and the amp will always be on (out of standby and unmuted). You may get some noise out of the speakers as the power supply comes on. To eliminate that just use a larger resistor (15k or so) to ground and a small capacitor (1uf?) from the mute pin to +Vs. This will keep the amp muted until the power supply settles, then quickly un-mute it and keep it un-muted.
So its as simple as this?
upload_2018-5-4_14-44-28.png

So its as simple as this?
View attachment 1179065

NO and YES, the 15K resistor connects to ground and the capacitor negative side, and the mute pin connects to the connects to the junction of the 15k resistor and the capacitor negative side if you want the delayed un-mute. If you just want it always un-muted the way it is drawn works and you don't need the cap.
The 1uF cap and 15k resistor will provide roughly 10 milliseconds of delay on the un-mute time. Increase the cap and/or the resistor to increase the delay.

EDIT: more info

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom