tdat7192's pleasure center

tdat7192

ok here it is...
PleasureCenter.jpg

At the top is a Denon DP3000 outfit with a Blackwidow arm and Soundsmith Boheme cart.

The turntable pictured to the left (open) is a Thorens 160B MK II with a Grace 707 arm. Right now it has a Grado Prestige Black, but sitting on the platter is an AT 120E which will be going in soon enough.
The turntable pictured to the right (with stuff on it) is a Yamaha YPB4. It has the stock arm and a Shure 1200 cart.

On the right side of the lower section from top to bottom is:
Yamaha T-85 tuner
Onkyo DX-C390 6-cd player
Counterpoint SA-12 amp
On the left side is:
Dolan PM1 preamp
Sony TC-K677ES cassette
At the bottom is a home-made passive pre atop a Musical Surroundings Phonomena. Neither of these are active at the moment.

The speakers are Soundsmith Monarchs.

This system brings me much pleasure! :banana:

(Yet to come to this system is a way to listen via headphones and a computer input.)

Note: The stuff sitting around the floor are waiting to get back on a wall or not, we are still working through what goes back on the walls and where.

Last edited:
Nice stuff in there, never heard of the Dolan (the champagne/golden unit right?). Looks gorgeous. Great TT's (etc) too.. :)

Thank you. kb9, it is relaxing when I am playing Ahmad Jamal, but is not relaxing, but still very enjoyable when I am playing Mott the Hoople. :)
voltcontrol, I spent the past 5 years piecing this system together. I had not heard about Dolan either. Yes it is the brass faced unit. It is a very exacting pre as are the speakers, but the amp keeps things balanced. Not that it is muddy at all, but the tubes help. I leared about the Dolan from AK, and 2 other boards and people who had a Dolan loved it. So I took the plunge and got one for a steal. I liked it enough to have it overhauled and now am so in love with it. The cd input is very good but the phono is phenomenal. Oh, the blue tape was put on by Peter Ledermann who did the overhaul and I just like the way it looks so I haven't removed it. :)

At the bottom is a home-made passive pre atop a Musical Surroundings Phonomena. Neither of these are active at the moment.

If they are passive they are never active.....J/K.
Great looking system. Love the 3 TT options, too.:thmbsp:

313guy, LOL Nice catch :)
Thank you also and it is fun to play with the different tables at times. Originally it was going to be just 2 tables, Denon and Thorens. But the Denon won't fit into the unit so it went on top and I figured what the heck... and put the Yamaha in there. The whole thing would have been so imbalanced otherwise with the right side empty. :)

Back
Top Bottom