TDL Electronics Owners Thread

Discussion in 'British Audio' started by SimplySound, Jul 11, 2014.

1. JimPA

JimPA Distinguished Member

2. Sansui77

Sansui77 Khosaku Kikuchi's Grandson

3. c-atle-79bay

c-atle-79bay Super Member

There is something about the effortless presentation of the bass in that speaker that is aw inspiriring. At first I took them for weak or a bit shy in bass, but once you get that box bass boom out of your head it's so much better. These speakers completly changed the way I hear bass.

4. IMF_Pioneer

IMF_Pioneer New Member

Well I guess my budget won't reach those anymore, so I'll have to stick to my IMF RSPM Mk IV's, they're rare enough in Australia, but the TDL's are even rarer.

Sansui77 likes this.
  5. Sansui77

Sansui77 Khosaku Kikuchi's Grandson

I've come to realize that I so respect the research KEF did to produce some of the best speakers from the 70's, 80's and so on. So many companies used KEF speakers back in the day in their own designs or DIY's. My hat off to you KEF!

As IMF_Pioneer has stated, TDL are rare in Australia. Would like to hear a set one-day.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  6. canuckaudiog

canuckaudiog On a quest for high fidelity

KEF really is an amazing company. Not only were they pioneers in sound reproduction back in the day, they are now. They've managed to adapt their business and continue to develop exciting new technologies that are completely relevant and worthwhile. The IMF/TDL sound was no doubt shaped by their engineering choices since the transmission line was designed around the famous KEF B139.

I too would love to hear those TDL reference models with the dual woofers. It's a shame they are rare. But I've always believed that if you are meant to have them, they will find a way to you!

Sansui77 likes this.
  7. SimplySound

SimplySound Kent Engineering & Fondry

Amen Canucker!