Teac 1500U dummy plug

patra710

Hi. I just pick up a Teac 1500U reel to reel that is missing its dummy plug. I got the service manual for the 1500 but the 1500U is a little different. The 1500 has a 4 pin socket and the 1500U has a 8 pin socket. I do have a Teac A-4010 that I took the dummy plug out of and tried it in the 1500U. Now the pinch roller engages and the reel brakes releases but the table motors don't spin. The capstan motor spins with or without the plug.
Does anyone have the 1500U and if so can you tell me which pins are shorted on the plug,
Thanks

Hi. I just pick up a Teac 1500U reel to reel that is missing its dummy plug. I got the service manual for the 1500 but the 1500U is a little different. The 1500 has a 4 pin socket and the 1500U has a 8 pin socket. I do have a Teac A-4010 that I took the dummy plug out of and tried it in the 1500U. Now the pinch roller engages and the reel brakes releases but the table motors don't spin. The capstan motor spins with or without the plug.
Does anyone have the 1500U and if so can you tell me which pins are shorted on the plug,
Thanks
The schematic for the 1500U should have the dummy plug wiring configuration.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. The tread in tapeheads is mine and I can't find a service manual for the 1500U. The simple things can drive one crazy.

Skywavebe is always quick to anwser any time I post on tapeheads and I always respect his input. There is really no information on the a-1500u. I paid $5 to just answers and the tech there said his sources said that just the 1 & 2 pins should be shorted which the plug from the a-4010 is. Maybe my problem is elsewhere.
Thanks to all for your input. I'll keep at it until I solve it.

Back
Top Bottom