Teac A 3340s

Jovinyl

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi all. Picked up 3340 RTR. one foot broke of during shipping, I did not consider it an issue, Seeming I was thinking it would be a parts unit, and price paid. plus three of the plastic switches are broken flush on unit where the heads are.The plastic Normal, Simul-Sync switches. saw they were broken in picture. I thought it would sell for more, but guess not, I got it. gave it the cosmetic clean up and it looks pretty good. worth getting serviced. I am wondering if switches can be found some where And where I can find feet or has anybody used feet, maybe like you would find on a reciever, just modified to fit. one more item is power cord as I had one with the one I already have just misplaced as I just got it out of storage after five years. I have been searching but no luck yet. I would like original feet But a modified set might have to do. Info on switches would help and power cords
Any help out there?
Thanks
Joe

Hi Joe,
you probably need the whole pc-board located behind the head-cover.
Partsnr:516 817 73000-Simulsync switch assembly .
Last time I bought one from Teac it cost $ 120.00
You can check if they still have these in stock.
parts@teac.com
About the plastic feet, same was used on 3440, Tascam 32, 34, + Teac X-1000 R, X-2000 R and Teac X-10 series.
I don't have any in stock as this is a common problem with old plastic.
The power-cord you can buy from the local hardware store, check the appliance section. :)

Thank you Vintage TX

Thanks for the link Vintage TX. I think I can Shave one side of reciever type feet if I can't find replacement.

Will do. I will go as far as I can. I saved the thread I found with the help everyone gave mmuniz1. If I get it up and working with that. I will say I scored. I will Keep you posted. Today is Hardware Store day.

Chugga,chugga,Toot,Toot, I can do this,I can do this, I think I can, I think I can, Chugga,Chugga,Toot-Toot :D

Was Surfing websites (yours Included) looking for stuff I might need Or just to see what is still available. Had one sitting in storage for over five years and thought I would add it to the system already put together. Had wanted one since it first came out and working with a songwriter at the time (Was the Lyricist). along came that well known web site. This looked like parts unit. Could see these switches were broken and maybe issues with the way the reels sat. Figured it will probably sell for more than I want to pay and if I do get it I'll wrap it and pack for a someday parts unit. Well got it for less than $75 without shipping And figure theres a part might need someday which might be the payoff for having this unit. Little did I know out of all the time spent reading posts and the different threads. I had the fever, AKITIST set in, Started looking at it, Cleaned it up a bit :scratch2: :smoke: :scratch2: Why not! Think it might be worth fixing. Cost vs. value to me when done. priceless. The way it looks, If I have to will take the sync assy. off the other unit till a replacement is found. Give it a little time to find parts first. Plus go through the other stages. Don't mind the price for a new switch assy. I'll give it the time it takes me to check out clean and lube parts see how both work and take it from there. The other parts might come along in that time.

Funny how things come together sometimes.
A gentleman has been emailing me asking questions about the same model,
just this morning a new mail arrived that he probably will sell his 3340 S.
Are you interested ? :)
By the way, before power yours up, take off the head-cover and loosen the pc-board, it has a 15-20 wires that probably is grounded because it's broken in half. Insulate those wires before you press the power-button, otherwise you will fry the record-amp, that would be a sad start. :thmbsp:

Will do. I don't handle bad starts well. Glad none of the hardware store or supply places I went to today had one. As for the other deck If it's not a parts type unit or in the range of the total cost of parts I am looking for It would be a bad move as that would make three and I'm no tech. PM price.

JoVinyl
I could use a few parts if you part out a 3340. If you do please save a reel turntable ( the hold down twist lock is broken on mine ) and a 600 ohm 40 watt power resitor .
Thank you ,Don

Will do. I will let you know I am a very patient person. So it will be awhile for me to give up on a parts search. Should one become a parts unit I will let it be known. Sounds interesting though, I might learn more by taking parts out.

If, by any chance, it has dual ganged black ribbed switch caps with a silver center, can I have dibs on one if you do?
Steve

It might happen. This project is going to take some time. 1. I'm no tech. By the time it becomes a parts unit I will not remember these post. I'm just somebody who has to figure out how to fix this stuff. When things are done be happy to. I'm sure I'll be asking for help so it would be the right thing to do. I did take the back cover off. Pretty clean. Take cover off other one tomorrow take a look still waiting on a couple parts before I start.

Back
Top Bottom