TEAC A-6300 Transport Inoperative

Just curious, is this the same setup in the 1230 and 1250?? Haven't had a problem yet, but info is worth it's weight in gold.

Yes, those models use the same tension arm stop. It may be a single switch unit with double pole contacts or it may be two separate switches but the setup is the same.

OK thank you. I have one of each. the 1230 functions fine, but is cosmetically a disaster. Mice got all over it. I spent 14 hrs cleaning the outside, washing old grease, etc. The 1250 I bought used. The drag brakes were real tight. Drag was supposed to be ( don't quote me on this as it was quite awhile ago) around 1.8 Kg. and when I measured the drag it was over 12 Kg. reset the drag and it stopped breaking tapes. This machine looked new when I bought it. It was in the original box and there was no oxide residue anywhere on the tape path.

I found the part, or rather it's pieces. I had inadvertently pulled it off the back of the broken switch, set it aside, and then went looking for a replacement switch, and totally forgot about the piece I had set aside. Last night I pulled the bottom panel off the deck and saw the little broken tab part and immediately recognized it. Put with the other parts it looks like it's in just 4 pieces. Glued back together it should make a good template to fabricate a new piece

Finally had some time to spend on this. Headed down to the local TAP Plastic store and bought a scrap 6" x 6" x 1/8" piece of black plastic for a buck, traced the broken, but glued up limit stop onto a corner of the new plastic, and headed out to my garage. In about 15 minutes I had managed to make a pretty good looking duplicate part using my coping saw, file and drill. I hope to get it all put together this weekend.

In the image below, the part on the left is the original, broken limit stop, on the right is my fabrication.

TEAC-6300_InsulatingSpacer.jpg

Looking good.
I remember this part when repeating my A6300.
Great tape machine. You will enjoy it.

Success! I put the transport back together, with my newly fabricated spacer/stop, this morning and fired it up. Works beautifully! Now that I know the deck works I can begin the serious work of cleanup. This deck is really dirty!

Thanks,
Rick

Back
Top Bottom