Teac A6300 questons?

mushy

Got one of these today and have couple 3 questions
1 How do you get the reel adapters off?
2 Anybody have owners and or service manual in PDF?
3 What and where is dummy plug?
Thanks
Mushy :D

Hi,
1. Turn the center shaft to the left, that will release the adaptors.
2. PM me I have an original owners manual I could copy.
3. It is in the back. Labeled for different voltages.
Red Blaze

On the back, next to the voltage adjustment..... The dummy plug should be there, if it's missing you have a socket that looks like a tube should plug in there

Do this machine need tape in to operate? It powers up lights on but can't get any movement of transport.I can't do pictures.Sides and back cover off and belts are good.Can't find a fuse.If it powers up could it have blown fuse or bad power supply?Thanks
Mushy

My guess is that no the transport wont operate unless you have tape in it this is so the machine stops if the tape either comes to an end or breaks. There should be a tension pully/switch or something that rides the tape. Not knowing the machine at all I cant say for sure but I'm sure someone will.
cheers
Ray

Tape Transport

There is a switch on the right side, on the face, that is spring loaded and is held in contact to close the circuit by the tape tension. If you hold it up by hand you should get RW FF Play etc...... without tape.....

But if you do not have a dummy plug in the back, I don't think anything works.....

Ask Vintage Texas which pins to jump out on the dummy plug socket to restore function. Someone will have a dummy plug for you. :naughty: :naughty:

I think that is correct. My Teac 4300 won't operate unless the wired remote is plugged in. I have no dummy plug.

Well i got heads clean, tape threaded there is a dummy plug don't know if right one but one that came with it.Plugged it in vu meters light up but still no transport movement.Looked for the obvious? loose wires missing piecies ect but that's all i can do.Any suggestions as i'm not electrical inclined thanks
Mushy

Dummy Plug

Look to see if the dummy plug is in all the way, there is a keyway on the larger center pin that dictates which way it goes in.

Make sure the tape tension switch is up so that the flywheel is spinning. If you have the sides and back off it should be easy to tell. If the tape tension switch is lifted the capstan motor and flywheel should start to turn immediately.

Wordman001 all of that checks out plug ect.Nothing spins so has to be something electrical.Belts are good the motors and flywheel all turn easy by hand.Will take the bottom off and see if it has fuse or anything there that i can see wrong.Thanks for answers.
Mushy

I got the bottom cover off and still can't see anything that looks burnt.Don't know what a cold solder joint looks like.Guess it must be one of the motors or a relay???Not having any luck getting the panel with all the switches and control buttons off.
Mushy

Tape Tension switch

Try the tape tension switch again..... look in from the back and find the tiny black button that is depressed by the rotating cam when the switch is lifted. If you press this little switch in the main motor & flywheel must turn if theres power to the switch. Unless there is something disconnected.....

Wordman001 I think that might be where the problem might be.Looks like the micro switches are broken off where the tension arm cam rotates inside.Will take me a while to get back to the thing.Thanks for all the help.
Mushy

Back
Top Bottom