Teac ag-6500. Do you know anything about it?

Frenchkris

Hello Party people,
I am very knew here, and most likely, one of the rarest french guy to post on Audiokarma (thank u LIFE for having Audiokarma!!). I have bought my best piece so far locally(I'm in London UK) for £...only. real bargain! And it's the TEAC AG-6500 and it's a receiver. I cannot find any information on the web about it. I've own a few solid state receivers (Marantz 2230b, Rotel RX-803,...and some tuners such as the mighty SANSUI TU-9900)
I had my Kef Reference Model 3 connected to the Technics SU-VX820 (135/ch @4Ohms) and it sounded great but this Teac is going like a Rocket! It blows away ANY previous receivers I've owned despite being rated at only...well I can't even find this out but I've to refer to the Loundanproud database on Teac with the AG-6000/7000 both rated at 80w/ch.
Can anybody help? Please? Merci beaucoup! Here is a pic - looks like a McIntosh too :tresbon:

Last edited:
Has anyone had an outside garden wedding in Las Vegas?

We are planning a wedding for April next year in Vegas but have never been there. Does anyone have info on garden wedding ceremonies or outside weddings that are not too cheap looking?

Hi Frenchkris,
I had a AG receiver on my Teac bench for years but it was below this model.
This model was never brought into the shop that I can remember- in fact I don't think a large number of them came in. We were steady Accuphase repairman though. I think the Teac receivers were more a novel idea and not made with the same numbers that you would expect from Pioneer or Sansui.
If you are happy with it then stick with it. The only other place that I could suggest any info would be from New Jersey factory Service where Russ may still have service literature for that model. The literature in Chicago seemed to fly in many directions when the shop was to close and I got what was left over.
You could also try Stereomanuals.com for a OM.
Nothing on Hi Fi Engine?

Sam, Past Teac Tech. Chicago

Has anyone had an outside garden wedding in Las Vegas?

Absolutely....Look for a guy in a white sequined jumpsuit with big beautiful sideburns. He is very informative. "Thank u very much"

Back
Top Bottom