Teac SA-200 integrated amp

wd409

I'm not sure if I did well here or not, the goodwill trip was looking like a bust today and then I saw this sitting in a stack of really cheap theater in a box looking units, picked it up and noticed the heft so I was sold immediately.

There is surprisingly little information floating around about this on the web, at least that i've been able to find.

Pretty much the only google hit with information I could find, suggested it was 200 wpc, anyone know off hand if theres any truth to that?

It's pretty heavy, I'd say maybe 40 pounds or so? so I can believe 200 total, im just not sure if im feelin' 200 per channel though. it doesnt say what it pulls from the wall in wattage, just that its 2.7 amps.

Lastly, assuming it works and only needs to be cleaned up, anyone have any ideas on what it may be worth?

Thanks in advance

Oh, and I'll post a pic soon.

Had a look inside at the power transistors.

each channel has one each
2SB1429
2SD2155

they appear to be complimentary to each other and are either 150w total or 150w each. I cant find any clear terms of just what these guys do.

If this is accurate this may be a pretty decent amp. more good news is that no fuses are blown and it powers up and I can hear the relay click. further testing to be done later.

Heres some pics, as you can see, kinda tiny looking caps, but a huge transformer.

pre-cleaning, obviously ;/

teacamp-1.jpg

-
teacamp-2.jpg

-
teacamp-3.jpg

Just a little update to this thread, still seeking firm facts but heres my initial impressions.

I hooked up a Pioneer PD-7010 cdp and some klh 3ways, I cant recall the model but its more of a "party speaker" design, kinda cheap. but it had decent power handling and im not partial to them so i used them as test subjects.

well, I have no problem what so ever believing this thing is at least 150wpc.

Im in there listening to dmx, right. cause I figure the bass notes in that are as good as anything else for hearing power.

So ive got this thing cranked up pretty well, enough that it feels like if I turn it up anymore I might see a cabinet fly apart. so ive got the thing blasting away for 10 minutes or so, and I reach over and feel the fins... this sob isnt even hot. its barely even warm.

so, thats my story so far. side note, it didnt sound too bad, either. but that wasnt really an ideal set up for making such decisions.

It's 100WPC according to another site if its got the cool 5 band EQ on the side. I just picked up one along with a Technics SH-8017 EQ, a Philips 5 disk CD carousel and a pair of Technics SB-A55 speakers...30 bucks! Good enough for my 2 car garage?...!! Hell yeah! Holy sh!t, I just realized there is no FM tuner...WTF? OK, ill use my PSP with internet radio or I heart radio on my old laptop.....anyone got a cheap tuner?
a04b4f08a2a23359gen.jpg

10168846_3_2011103_16_6_34.jpg

technics_sh8017.jpg

1298307178164_1298307287080_jequeva.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think this is a 100wpc amp, I think it may have more power than that. I found one by a dumpster in my apartment complex, along with a TEAC AM/FM tuner. I don't remember the model on the tuner, I do know it went with the amp though. I currently have a pair of Fisher DS-825's connected to it. I can't turn it past 3 with out the windows shaking. I've almost blown the speakers a couple of times playing dubstep. That had gotten me wondering if maybe it's a bit more powerful than 100w. So I went to Goodwill and picked up an 8ohm speaker rated for 130w rms. It lasted about 5 minutes with the amps volume up at 6 before it gave a puff of smoke and died. So I'm almost positive it's rated for more than 100w. It's still an amazing amp, I would love to find a better pair of speakers that can take the power a bit better. It especially good when connected to my PC, I'm trying to get into music production so I needed a good sound system. I tried a pair of studio monitors but was a bit disappointed by them. So I hooked up the TEAC and fishers and I'm very impressed.

NO Remote !

I'm looking for more information on this Amp and related components.
A manual with specs would be nice.

I found mine at Goodwill for $10.00 bucks w/no remote. It's a nice amp but in my opinion not a high output amp, less then 100watt rms, maybe a conservative clean 40watts rms.

This Vintage Teac Component Stereo system maybe Manufactured in 1989, has the following matching components:

SA-200 DC Integrated Stereo Amplifier
ST-200 AM/FM Stereo Tuner
SW-200 Stereo Double Cassette Deck
SD-200 Compact Disc Player

There are manuals on ebay but they cost more then I paid for the amp. How about it does anyone have more information ?

Last edited:
Another bump; anyone have any more info here? Interested to see what the actual wattages are; curious what it would do running A+B.

Back
Top Bottom