TEAC TN-300 Belt Drive Turntable Initial Impression and Review

Tharbamar

TN-300 is newly/recently released manual belt drive turntable from TEAC.
TEAC TN-300
It's not even on TEAC USA site yet.

This TT is so new there is no review anywhere in any language I'm aware of but it don't stop me for adding it to my Amazon Wishlist few months ago since I'm looking for turntable under $500 because my trusty Denon DP47F end up dead in the storage.

I was auditioning Marantz, Denon, Rega, Pro-Ject, Musical Fidelity all belt drive tables under $500 but no body have TN-300 to audition it locally and I forgot about my Amazon list because all those tables are in my Amazon Wishlist.

And last Saturday when we're opening Christmas gifts my wife brought out a big box with red ribbon on and it says TEAC TN-300 on the box to my surprise.
This TT was bought by my wife without auditioning because she thinks TEAC in Cherry Gloss finish looks the nicest from my list but what can I say I have to try it.

TEAC TN-300 seems very good in terms of quality fit and finish.

Front View

Audio-Technica AT95SE Cartridge.

Aluminum Buttons.

Lifter.

Counterweight and Anti-skate.

Cast Aluminum Platter with anti-skid coating.

DC motor shaft is made of solid copper and stainless steel platter mount shaft with copper ring around it.

Belt drive.

Detail speed adjustment at underside of turntable.

Rear Angle.

Rear View.

High quality aluminum feet.

Dustcover on.

On my rig.

My wife says she paid $349 on Amazon.
Initial impression is great, seems to me is very good quality workmanship for $399.99 turntable. Attention to detail tells me TEAC trying to make it back to Hifi turntable market, it's Made In Taiwan if that matter.

Sound Quality is pretty good out of the box.
I tried with built in Phono stage first, it was ok but sounds better through Halo P5 phono stage. I also have Parasound Zphono but I have not try it yet.

Here is what I found, Nice and wide sound stage with surprisingly good bass response and mid range punch. Highs are a little bit lack of detail as out of the box but it's not dull or lifeless or unenjoyable I think it will improve after break-in.

So far I like the way it sound compare to what I have auditioned in last few months in same price range or little higher.

I am going to keep this table because I have not seen entry level turntable with this much of attention to detail and quality.
Probably I'll upgrade it to better cartridge later.

Now I have to clean all my vinyls.
Happy Listening!

Thanks for the pics and review. Looks like a keeper...and the turntable is great too.

Congratulation on the turn table! :thmbsp:

Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures and the review! :tresbon:

Enjoy!

Dang, that looks real sweet! How does the aluminum casting feel? Does it mean someone other than Hanpin makes it since it's made in Taiwan?

I've been looking at vintage tables, but that sure looks incredible

Very NICELY Done!!

Wow... Great looking TT for that price point and will surely compete with the others in that price bracket. On a different note...my 16 yr old daughter just asked me for my old onkyo cp1030. I was shocked when she told me she had bought some used records and was hoping she could have it as an early Christmas present. OF COURSE....I said "YES" and then was faced with the dilemma of amplification and speakers. I was hesitant to give her one of my older integrated amps so I took a look at amazon and found a TEAC reciever for $119. (TEAC AG-790A) After reading up on it I pulled the trigger so she now has something OLD and something NEW for her holiday gift!! NOW I AM THINKING OF THAT TEAC TURNTABLE!!!

Very nice. What is the tonearm made of, any plastic on the critical parts?. How is speed/pitch accuracy?

I wonder how it stacks up against a Pro-Ject at the 350-399 pricepoint.

It DOES look very nicely made unit. Certainly better than Denon's plastic fantastic table and Pro-ject's humming bird table.
Just wish it had an S-arm.
At that price point I think the craftsmanship is spot on if everything else is as good as it looks.

On a side note did you put the rubber mat on upside down?
e024813b29ebd45d0ef447940e0ad5c1_Generic.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom