Tears for Fears - Sowing The Seeds Of Love

I just found out that they will be doing a few concerts on the west coast. I would love to go, seeing they were one of my favorite bands but tickets start around $350, plus airfare, plus hotel. Yikes

Who has heard Everybody Loves A Happy Ending? Orzabal says it is the album that should have followed up Seeds Of Love, which is a great album BTW. How does Everybody Loves A Happy Ending compare?

Sowing the seeds is such an amazing album!! just love it , every song is amazing , nice production .......just killer !!
I too like Elemental as mentioned , the 1st two are great also .........

now i may get shot for this but "everybody loves a happy ending" is one of the biggest letdowns of my life , i was a pretty big fan & thought the songs on it were just lame silly beatles rips & not good one's at that , there are 2 or 3 songs on the Album i do love , i think it was "Quiet ones" that was a killer tune ..........Funny my best friend who is also a huge fan , had warned me not to buy it as he git it 1st thing that morning , he hated it as well .......I'll give it another spin/chance this week , every 6 months i pull it out as i know so many people did indeed like it ..........
Anyways , Great band !!

I've been a TFF fan since the first time I heard their music, and Sowing the Seeds of Love is indeed a brilliant album. The more you listen the better it gets.

Great review also... Glad to know we have so many TFF fans here at AK!

You mean Im not the only one that enjoys Tears for Fears...Kajagoogoo anyone?

pass...

TFF has always been a creative, well conceived effort...their popularity is no mistake...they were mass marketed in such a "pop" and top 40 framework, many self styled "rockers' missed out, I expect...

This thread just reminded me... I have this album on CD and on vinyl. While the CD had been played enough for years, I don't think I've played the vinyl once yet. In fact, I think I have a couple of TFF vinyl LPs, and none of them have been played yet! :no:

That's one of the risks of bulk buys. Sometimes I'll just assembly-line clean and re-sleeve and file a box or two of LPs, without listening to each one. I'll test-play any with visible scratches, but if they look fine and I'm pressed for time, they'll sometimes get filed without a listening. I figure I'll pick them up another time, when I'm just listening. But sometimes I don't get around to auditioning particular LPs for months, and they just sort of get forgotten until one day I find them flipping through the LPs, when I'm looking for something I feel like listening to.

I think I'll pull and play the TFF LPs today... THANKS! :thbmsp:

Good review.

I have the album on vinyl in mint condition. Will pull it from the shelf and give it a spin tonight.

Back
Top Bottom