Teasers for the CBS Star Trek Series. Honestly not really interested

I watched both episodes last week right after they were released. It was okay, but nothing spectacular (except the special effects). For the first time, both the captain and first officer as not likable. :eek::oops::thumbsdown:

OK, after Eps 2 & 3 I think I'm now hooked! :cool:

I have to remember when I first looked at Deep Space 9 I bagged it as they weren't exploring just sitting on a space station. In the end I found it one of the best of the series made.

Hmm, interesting opinions. I have watched the first 3 and like it very much, so do my wife and daughter. Will be watching. I was a dire hard TNG fan, watched all of Voyager and of course TOS, hated Deep Sleep 9, never watched Enterprise past the first couple of episodes because the captain sucked. Discovery has a good lead character and the effects are very good. I think it will be fun.

Pretty good. Better than the first of the new movies. Too bad it's not going to be OTA.

I refuse to add yet another subscription to my already too long list. At some point I have to draw the line and CBS asking me to pay for what should be a network show is it.

It's on Space channel. It was already part of my subscription combined with other stuff.

I watched the first episode. Unimpressed. Almost seemed like a college film class was assigned the task of recreating a Star Trek episode, and this was the result.

And in a fan universe where acronyms matter (TOS, TNG, DS9, etc), couldn't they think up a title that wouldn't result in 'STD'?

“STD” :rflmao::rflmao::rflmao:

Looking at Klingons. From the Sanchez Fu Manchu look....to ????

Star Trek: Commander Kor
E266E2FA-A28A-4916-981B-5A699E22393F.jpeg

Star Trek: The Next Generation:
Lursa and B’etor the sisters of kill you
30AB4FBF-A6DF-4A96-AE9C-84BBADC3DD71.jpeg

Star Trek Axanar: Supreme Commander Kharn
897632E4-BAE8-4FA7-B00A-643387D27570.jpeg

Star Trek Discovery: T’Kuvma
B1B04174-6811-4079-86E8-3BF75D049ECD.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll just stick with not worth paying for. Maybe after their streaming service tanks they will move to some other spots. Nothing is piquing my interest enough for me to dive in on this.

I have been watching it and really like it. The characters are starting to develop, Jason Isaacs is his usual menacing self as the captain, it's worth watching just for him. I do take issue with the Klingon facelift, there was no reason to do that. Also the technology is so obviously advanced beyond the original series, the look of the ship, the equipment, the new drive. They should have placed it after the original series. As for The Orville, that show is simply brilliant! And so is Scott Macfarlane.

Always takes me some time to warm to a new series. Irony is I can't stand the original series that I first loved as a lad, I call it the Captain Kirk Show ;)

Klingons? In Enterprise explained the human Klingon looks of the ones in the original series, I liked the way they did that. No idea how they could explain the new ones in Discovery, but as the Borg say.... I'll adapt :cool:

Wow! my browser dictionary has 'Klingon' in there!

One thing about Discovery's Klingons, they are the first that don't look like Humans with Rubber Prosthesis.

I'm more annoyed by their manner of speaking but I can deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom