Technical differences in Sansui AUD 11II vs aud707x ?????

quadklipsh

I have found a difference between 707x and D11ii.

707x has 10 trim pots.
Japanese eleminated two equalizer board trim pots and configured it by inserting few caps and small signal transistors.

:banana:

Please eleborate it technically.
I have never seen the AU-D707X schematic as it doesn't appear to be generally available. So, just like anybody else in that position, I couldn't 'eleborate it technically' (even if I was clever enough :) ). However I think the AU-707X is lower in the pecking order than the AU-D11 II - which would take a lot of beating compared to amplifiers from any other Sansui model range.

Last edited:
How can it make that "All the difference". Please eleborate it technically.

no one can elaborate the technical details here. if you think the sound of an amplifier or system component can be broken down to the level of individual parts, then you are missing the forest for the trimpots.

I am studying the differences between these units too because I have recently acquired an AU-D707X Decade and I want to learn as much as possible about it. So I appreciate this thread. I observed some differences and also noticed that there are less adjustments points in the AU-D707X types. Notice that the AU-D11II and the AU-G90X have two different rails for the power amplifier which are used to drive speakers in two impedance ranges.The quality of the chasis for the AU-D11 is also better than that for the AU-D707X. This thread is relevant. Please see Page 5 there.
I agree with what John said. The AU-D11II is a special unit that combines characteristics that are present in several similar units (AU-G90X, AU-D707X and AU-D77X). It seems like Sansui combined the best of all of these in the AU-D11II.
I think that to repair the AU-D707X one needs a combination of manuals like that for the AU-G90X and that for the AU-D11II.

I am studying the differences between these units too because I have recently acquired an AU-D707X Decade and I want to learn as much as possible about it. So I appreciate this thread. I observed some differences and also noticed that there are less adjustments points in the AU-D707X types. Notice that the AU-D11II and the AU-G90X have two different rails for the power amplifier which are used to drive speakers in two impedance ranges.The quality of the chasis for the AU-D11 is also better than that for the AU-D707X. This thread is relevant. Please see Page 5 there.
I agree with what John said. The AU-D11II is a special unit that combines characteristics that are present in several similar units (AU-G90X, AU-D707X and AU-D77X). It seems like Sansui combined the best of all of these in the AU-D11II.
I think that to repair the AU-D707X one needs a combination of manuals like that for the AU-G90X and that for the AU-D11II.
I just made settings on recently acquired 707x by using D11ii manual. All the parts have same value and adjustment values are same. Compared the parts of 707x with D11ii which are also same. No Trim pots at equalizer section of 707x is a plus for amp. As the signal will be stable at input stage for longer time compared to D11 iis trim pot adjustment. I was expecting that if D11ii is special than it must have high quality components. And there is difference between 707x and 707x decade.

Last edited:
Im expecting others with similar experience on these 3 amps should chime in.
Seriously the 907x decade should be impressive.
A poor reputation for decade series here is by part due to poor clinical status of the amps that reach here and have rot or damaged parts and are off balanced from standard values duebto ageing. On "as- it- is " basis , they are demoed in the shops and they sound worse than ever with ugly substandard speakers there ....
But from the data base here at AK these amps are rated high up than i ever thought.

Im expecting others with similar experience on these 3 amps should chime in.
Seriously the 907x decade should be impressive.
A poor reputation for decade series here is by part due to poor clinical status of the amps that reach here and have rot or damaged parts and are off balanced from standard values duebto ageing. On "as- it- is " basis , they are demoed in the shops and they sound worse than ever with ugly substandard speakers there ....
But from the data base here at AK these amps are rated high up than i ever thought.
Exactly. Thats why i am waiting for response from phonomac to enlighten me on this. As i have now both 707x and 907x decade. I will soon upload innerds of both amps.

If you think that 707X design looks ugly, then maybe Sansui as a whole, is not for you? - many of their models look a lot like that.

If you want a Granite/Marble/Slate(?) front panel and brass turned knobs, Sansui never made one answering that description. :)

Hyperion.
Sansui amplifiers look totally great for me .
This piece that i have to bring home has scars and bruises .the sides are cheaply made by a local.ill get them done again in mahogany finish.
I do love the looks of this expectedly fine sounding model.
And i know the various sansuis look very well. I grew up with the brand !!
I have the AU9500 .the 907 iMos limited .and the vintage AU607.
None of them have ugly scratches like this one.
What id like to know is how to get over these blemishes and scuffs.and if its not getting back to the original looks then i might do a face change using wood or metal, if ofcourse it is cost effective.

Oh I see, have you tried:-

a). Soap and warm water (remove front panel first :D)
or
b). WD40 applied with a soft cloth - preferably after 'a'

(WD40's best use IMO is as a cleaner, as above, and second as a penetrating oil - for mechanical things, NOT electronics).

Last edited:
Nop. I didnt .Coz its away.:mad:
That would be the first thing id do when it reaches me.
And see how it polishes up.
I believe it should do a lot better after this very step.

hyperion:
Have you done any comparison of your AUD-11-II next to the AU 9500 ?
im interested in your views on that one

Back
Top Bottom