technics ? Kenwood?

gentlejax: the SA-TX50 is not high up my recommendation list. From the 90s, when Technics like all other manufacturers were seriously infested by the cost-cutters.
The TX50 only has a bunch of integrated amplifier chips. Although this doesn't mean anything bad per se, they are mounted on a too small heatsink, and the TX50 features one of the infamous active cooling fans that kick in at high load. Not very reliable if you ask me.
For normal volume it is fine though.

I didnt see your response on the SA-TX50 but I have it now anyway. I didnt get it because It is some kind of perfomance monster but because it is unique and looks very nice. Might use it as a preamp.

I dont personally like HT receivers but in this case it really is a nice looking unit. I dont have long term plans for it though

Last edited:
Yes, the VU meters make the part look-wise, I agree.
No matter about the HT functionality; it's a comparably ancient unit anyway and hence virtually useless for today's surround sound setups. Just use it in stereo mode (or as a preamp, as you suggested) and enjoy. :)

Yes, the VU meters make the part look-wise, I agree.
No matter about the HT functionality; it's a comparably ancient unit anyway and hence virtually useless for today's surround sound setups. Just use it in stereo mode (or as a preamp, as you suggested) and enjoy. :)

im not keeping it I dont think but I never intended to do a home theater anyhow as I have a 2.1 setup and dont do home theater. It was so pretty when I saw it I couldnt resist. I have a 5.1 dvd player so if I really wanted to it would be fine for 5.1 sound but again..I got rid of all my extra speakers all over the place.

I will play with it until I get rid

Back
Top Bottom