Technics M14 what’s wrong

Bohlinaire

Hi!
Just purchased a Technics M14 of a thrift shop after them telling me it was fully functional. Later discovered that wasn’t really the case. Classic! :)

So, it powers up and everything but the machanics doesn’t move when I press rewind, forward, rec or play. Does anyone know if this is something normal and easy to fix or a bigger issue?

Thanks!

Is it that it doesn't ff, rew, play or that that the keys don't work(i.e. jammed)? - May want to post over at tapeheads

Can't believe it when People believe Thrift Store Staff know as to whether something works or not!
They and that's most of them,wouldn't know how to turn it on or off for that matter.Ya it turns on or the lights work etc doesn't mean it works.

Can't believe it when People believe Thrift Store Staff know as to whether something works or not!
They and that's most of them,wouldn't know how to turn it on or off for that matter.Ya it turns on or the lights work etc doesn't mean it works.

I always find the nearest plug and grab one of their tapes or CDs and make sure(at leas)t, that the mechnisms work, beyond that, it's a roll of the dice.

you just need new belts. they deteriorate over time turning to goo.
That would be great:) But shouldn’t the mechanism move something then? Now, when you press play - Nothing seems to move.

Is it that it doesn't ff, rew, play or that that the keys don't work(i.e. jammed)? - May want to post over at tapeheads
The keys seem to work fine. Everything lights up and the keys feel very smooth.

You’re right. My bad.

That would be great:) But shouldn’t the mechanism move something then? Now, when you press play - Nothing seems to move.

The keys seem to work fine. Everything lights up and the keys feel very smooth.

You’re right. My bad.

No it's not about being right or wrong.It's just the way it is and sometimes we all can make the same mistake for after all we are all human.The M14 might be a simple fix or not it all depends on what we know or someone we know who could fix it reasonably or in other words we take a chance:)

Back
Top Bottom