Technics Read Wires to Transformer connections question

Asmodeus2112

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi, I'm new to this. On my Technics SL-1600 Mk2, in order to remove the top from the base these two wires have to be disconnected. I am not familiar with this connection method and the correct methods to reattach. To disconnect I unwound them. You can see how the top of the blue lead has been started. The leads are tinned, the wires are not soldered to the posts. Should I just re coil them as close as possible to how they were? TIA20190113_215731.jpg

They used a wire wrap gun, a common tool in the telephony industry. You could pick one up rather cheap but, other than for this application, you may never use it. You could just re-wrap it best you can by hand & apply some solder.

What is the issue /problem that it is not playable as is? I had one and repaired the belts and replace one chip/ motor control. other issues is what is wrong.... ? :D recap? better tell me now. I do have a chip that fixes the tone arm driving to center and caused the belt to burn out. didn't need a recap at all.
bink.

What is the issue /problem that it is not playable as is? I had one and repaired the belts and replace one chip/ motor control. other issues is what is wrong.... ? :D recap? better tell me now. I do have a chip that fixes the tone arm driving to center and caused the belt to burn out. didn't need a recap at all.
bink.
I picked it up as one of three that I bought for $50 for the lot. The seller had already parted out the hinges, feet and counter weight as he thought the table was dead because the power button is "frozen". Turns out that something like pop seems to have been spilled into the buttons, and the brass plunger/bushing power actuator is stuck. The other buttons work, but are sticky. I have yet to power it on, as I needed to assess if the table was salvageable. So, I have split it open and am cleaning and investigating it. right now I think it will work, just needs some TLC. I'm not too far into it though, so who knows what the next issues I'll run into.

Back
Top Bottom