Technics RS-B57R DBX cassette deck?

yrly

Breaking records is good?
Anyone know where I can get some specs or other info about this cassette deck? I bought this thing at Salvation Army a few weeks back and just got around to seriously using it (copying favorites from CD and LPs to tapes, I am not about to mess around with the factory radio in my mint condition 83 Grand Marquis and don't feel like carrying a dozen CDs around, as for LPs thats just not gonna happen, so I have to have some way of doing this stuff), this thing is absolutely amazing! I recorded a few CDs to cassettes tonight, sound quality is darn impressive, easily better than my Marantz SD6000 which prior to this I considered to be my best sounding cassette deck. I wouldnt hesitate to say its the best sounding cassette deck I have ever used. I tried looking for this model on the vintage technics site without much luck. It looks similar to other models but not the same. It looks to be a mid 80s deck, silver, styling matches Technics of the day. Full logic, two modes of auto reverse, music search, Dolby B, C, DBX, input level control, balance control, headphone out, two mic inputs, VFD peak/hold level displays, automatic tape type select, timer, delayed recording, auto muting etc. This thing has everything! If there was ever something I wanted a cassette player/recorder to do this thing does it. If more cassette decks were like this more people would still use cassettes. The recording quality is nothing short of amazing. One heck of an impressive cassette deck, had it arrived at my house 15 years ago would have been even better.

Back
Top Bottom