Technics SH 3433 Hookup

SamuelArthur

New to posting here, so apologies if this thread started in the wrong place. I've just come into a Technics SH 3433, which appears to be in working condition when powered on. Unfortunately, since I don't have a quad receiver, I'm not entirely sure how to hook it up to a two-channel system.

It has low inputs that appear to take an RCA connection and hi inputs that look like speaker screw terminals. So my question is would I overload the scope if I ran the tape output into the low input and just kept the gain low? Or would I need to use a receiver where the pre/main were separated by a jumper and use a y-splitter?
It also seems possible to connect it from the speaker outputs, but I'm a little concerned about grounding it correctly and not accidentally shorting something.

Thanks for the help!

Just for everybodies' information:

From the interweb: Technics SH3433
technics_sh3433.jpg

technics_sh_3433-6.jpg

Owner's Manual: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/panasonic/sh-3433.shtml

GeeDeeEmm

The manual tells you how to set it up for low and high inputs. Max low input is 2v and max high is 35v. It looks like you can use scope mode with a single input too but matrix mode will surely need 4 inputs.

Never used one, just what I see in the manual. Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom