Technics SL-1600 MK2 issues after repair..

Allan. A

Hello everyone.

I own a Technics SL-1600 MK2 turntable and I really love this beautiful and well sounding machine. After some service and repairs it still have issues

Following things have been fixed:

New oil
New cuing belt
New small gear
Cleaned and with new grease in all the arm gear parts

But it still have some auto start issues. It will not all the time drop the arm the same place on the record (even with the same record and the same side) The start position varies sometimes 1-2 millimetres and sometime it will drop the arm to late on the record and the song has begin.

I have been wondering if the the different start position could be a periodic fail in the size detector?

The small gear has been replaced with the one in the link in here.

The cuing belt has been replaced with a new one

All the things under the arm has been cleaned and greased up

The start position is adjusted and in 7 out of 10 starts up's it drop correctly with muting. Sometimes it do drop the arm a little to fast with on smooth cuing. And other times it smooth sets down

Sometimes when I pushed the START button the platter starts spinning and the arm is not moving and after few seconds, it's stops spinning again. And when hit the START button again, it's working normally again. The problem came booth with ore without daylight ore light in my room. My technician told that it could be the light in the room but it happens booth with ore without light in the room so I don't believed this is the reason for the problem but I don't know

Therefore my mistake is no longer in the gear parts, but in the automatic size detector

Anybody else who have got problems like this?

Back
Top Bottom