Technics SL-1600 mkII v. Pioneer PL-570

haskew85

Hello, everyone,

I recently found this ad for a refurbished/upgraded Technics SL-1600 mkII in my area. https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ele/6264435283.html

I feel like the price is a little high, but I currently have a 70s Pioneer PL-570 in excellent condition--needs a good cleaning, but functions beautifully--and a Dual 1229 that is mechanically in great shape, but needs some cosmetic work, including plinth and dustcover.

The Pioneer is my main table and the Dual is collecting dust. My question is how does the SL-1600 compare against the PL-570?

The seller is open to trade + cash, as well. He offered the Technics for $400 + both tables, which is not acceptable to me.

What do you all feel is an acceptable counter offer for both tables and cash?

For what it's worth, the rest of my system is a Harman Kardon A300 tube amp and a set of KLH Model 6 speakers.

Thanks!

Thanks, Snow. As far as performance is concerned, do you feel the Technics would be a downgrade?
I have never listened to them side by side with the same carts and other gear so I cant say with any certainty which is better but I am pretty sure that you could sell the PL-570 for enough money to buy a SL-1200 which is a better TT then the SL-1600 is IMHO if you want a Technics.

Regards Snow

Lots of keyword spam in that listing.

They are about the same. T cost fiddy bucks more than the P. Keep what you have unless you gotta get a technics. Doubt there is much difference, same years available.

Back
Top Bottom