Technics SL-3300 tonearm won't descend

atulc

I have a Technics SL-3300 that I bought recently off a craigslist listing. It worked fine for a month. Today, it developed an odd issue. The tonearm refuses to descend onto the vinyl. When I move the start/stop sliding control to start, the tonearm lifts up, moves to the right position for the 33 rpm 12" record, and then moves back to the tonearm rest. It never descends to the record. Any idea what could have gone wrong?

Does anyone have service manual for the SL-3300 turntable? Could you please send me a copy? Thanks

I had a similar issue. This table had a cog that rotated. If the arm does not drop in one rotation of the cog it would return to the rest. The action of the arm dropping disengaged the return to rest. I fixed it by removing the old sticky grease and aplying new grease. The only thing you can do is open it up and poke arouund .

Did you check The Vinyl Engine for the manual?

The Vinyl Engine only as the owners manual, not the service manual. The owners manual doesn't address this issue.

I had a similar issue. This table had a cog that rotated. If the arm does not drop in one rotation of the cog it would return to the rest. The action of the arm dropping disengaged the return to rest. I fixed it by removing the old sticky grease and aplying new grease. The only thing you can do is open it up and poke arouund .

I will open up the turntable and poke around. I'll report back in a couple of days. If someone can share a copy of the service manual, it would make the task easier.

Back
Top Bottom