Technics SL-5300 repeat function

Kaydew

I got the speed problem solved, but now I have the problem that, when I put the repeater on 0, it will move to 1 by itself when the the arm returns. Not always, but most of the time.

Take off the bottom and look at the front of the mechanism under the control panel where the controls are for dried lube. That should be the cause of your problem. Something on the front of the mechanism is stuck in the wrong position.

Take off the bottom and look at the front of the mechanism under the control panel where the controls are for dried lube. That should be the cause of your problem. Something on the front of the mechanism is stuck in the wrong position.
The mechanism slides very smoothly. It is only when I assemble it, put on the platter, and let it work that the button gets stuck in between two positions. Sometimes, when I even choose 0 repeat, it will still repeat.

There is still something that is sticking and in the wrong position so that the mechanism doesn't shut off. Look around the mechanism for some pieces that don't move easily. Look at when you set the counter from zero to 1 or 1 to zero and see what part is trying to move. If I remember right there is a type of spring that pivots a part from one position to another position. That is the part that is stuck.

Last edited:
There is still something that is sticking and in the wrong position so that the mechanism doesn't shut off. Look around the mechanism for some pieces that don't move easily. Look at when you set the counter from zero to 1 or 1 to zero and see what part is trying to move. If I remember right there is a type of spring that pivots a part from one position to another position. That is the part that is stuck.
Thanks! I may have to leave the bottom part off and then try to operate an try to look from the bottom what is going wrong. Not that simple.

I did it! There was apart that looks like a hook, with a spring. That one was completely jammed. After some cleaning and some oil, it works perfectly now. Thanks again!

I did it. Thanks. Now I have however another problem. I think this is something that only showed up recently, after I did some lub job on the rest.. The arm drops and lifts far too fast. Even when I change to cue up, the arm jumps up from its resting place and bounces up and down. When I cue down, the arm just drops, no slow and smooth movement. What can I do?

Last edited:
I did it. Thanks. Now I have however another problem. I think this is something that only showed up recently, after I did some lub job on the rest.. The arm drops and lifts far too fast. Even when I change to cue up, the arm jumps up from its resting place and bounces up and down. When I cue down, the arm just drops, no slow and smooth movement. What can I do?

I just took care of this issue on my two SL-1200, you need to take the cue mechanism apart, clean it, then put some 300k-500k CST transaxle lube on the ribbed portions of the cue piston, then reassemble. You can buy the special lube from hobby stores for RC cars.

Back
Top Bottom