Technics SL-D2 Hinges

mzeitlin3348

See it and Believe
I have scoured the forum and online for advice on where or how I can replace my SL-D2's faulty hinges.
The spring in one of them has lost its tension so the dust cover no longer will stay up.

Is there a way to increase the tension in the spring? I don't see an obvious way into the part without breaking it.

I need a new dust cover. My hinges have held up. They’ve just snapped the bits off the dust cover.

Similar hinges were used on several Technics models such as the SL-B series and SL-Q series.

The SL-D1, SL-D3 and (maybe) the SL-D5 use the same hinges as the SL-D2. And as Electone says above, there are other turntables that use a similar hinge, some of which may work but they may not since the dustcovers they're designed for are lighter so the springs may not be strong enough.

The SL-D1, SL-D3 and (maybe) the SL-D5 use the same hinges as the SL-D2. And as Electone says above, there are other turntables that use a similar hinge, some of which may work but they may not since the dustcovers they're designed for are lighter so the springs may not be strong enough.

Trying to sort what hinges fit what on Technics tables is something forum has gotta do....

I just purchased two hinges from a SL-5200 off Ebay for my SL-D3. They looked exactly the same so took the chance. Hope I am right.

Back
Top Bottom