1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Technics sl-p370 single disc cd player

Discussion in 'Digital Sources' started by illini, Nov 13, 2013.

1. illini

illini The Past is Alive

I have one of these. It has difficulty finding the first track on the cd, but once it does it plays fine.

Does anybody know how to improve the first track reading?

The lens is clean. Also, I cleaned a lot of gunk off the spindle pads.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. restorer-john

restorer-john Addicted Member

The machine has to bring the sled assembly in all the way and may not be either triggering its inner most limit switch (if it has one), or it may have a speck of grit in the gear train/rack preventing it moving all the way in. If it can't read the TOC without errors it won't start up. Also, the spindle motor spins the fastest at the TOC and bearing issues can manifest themselves at that point.
    Not sure if that model used a geared sled assembly or a linear motor- the above info is for a geared sled assembly. The linear motor units are usually reliable.

3. Brealytrent

Brealytrent New Member

This is an old post, but reviving as I have the same CD player with the same issue -
    This player uses a linear motor unit. It reads the TOC very quickly but, on certain disks, after you hit play you can hear the sled sliding back and forth, going from one end of the disk to the other trying to find the first track. It'll do this anywhere from a minute to five minutes, and either quit or eventually find the track and have no issues after that.