Technics SU-7300 - On/Off switch needing replacement.

Michele-BS

Dear Forum,

I own a Technics SU-7300 integrated stereo amplifier, from the late '70, I think. It's in very good conditions and sounds well. However, unfortunately some days ago the power lever broke, and now I am in search for a replacement part.

I need the entire group: both the external lever and the internal switch, because part of the pivot cracked, and one of its halves still is inserted in the external lever, with no chance to extract it.

Some pictures:

01-Technics-PowerOnOff.jpg - 02-Technics-PowerOnOff.jpg - 03-Technics-PowerOnOff.jpg

04-Technics-PowerOnOff.jpg - 05-Technics-PowerOnOff.jpg

I am sure that someone, somewhere, will have these spare parts available, but I think it's difficult to locate and find him.

Could you help me?

Thank you.

Last edited:
You may help people help you by uploading a picture of the switch, so we know exactly what you're looking for.

You're right. I shooted some photos to the internal switch of my Technics, and it seems almost identical to yours:

06-Technics-PowerOnOff.jpg - 07-Technics-PowerOnOff.jpg - 08-Technics-PowerOnOff.jpg - 09-Technics-PowerOnOff.jpg

Please notice that in my case the pivot is shorter, of course, because partially broken.
So, what's the best source -in your opinion- where to find and buy it?

Thank you for the help.

Is this a 3-step, or a 2-step switch? In your photo, the switch seems to be in a "mid-step" position; for my purpose, instead, I'd need a 2-step switch: On/Off.

For the item you linked, the description says: On/On: would it be ok?

I think it's a 2 step switch, but you may ask the seller to be sure ;)

I asked to the seller, but unfortunately he seems to be only an intermediate between the buyer and the warehouse, so he couldn't help me with details...

Anyway, the pictures suggest that really this switch could be suitable for my need. Don't you remember if it is a 2-step or a 3-step switch?

And today I examined mine more accurately: I found "SMK 3/48 250" written on the very rear of the switch, in a semi-hidden position.

Could this help to better understand?

Back
Top Bottom