Technics SU8600 no relay click on

I did think about that. Now with respect to that, I have heard many methods of cleaning them. What would you recommend, IF I can get the cover off.

I've used a piece of paper soaked in deoxit, slip it between the contacts and shift it back n forth . May take a few rounds but if that works I would recommend replacing the old relay with a new one. The deoxit deal only lasts for so long....

Sounds great, thanks. Appreciate the advice. Hopefully I can get the cover off, Its in a wicked tight spot. We'll see how good I am.
More to follow ....

Well, I cleaned out the volume pod. I just gently spread apart the 3 sections enough to squirt some stuff inside. It must have done the trick because this baby sounds great.
Cleaned up the front a little. Putting the cover on and going to enjoy this one for a while.
Again, Thank to all for the help on this one.

I was busy a couple of days, but good now to see that you have it up and running.

Just as a general remark; these 8600's all will be in a desperate need of a recap, at least for the lilac electrolytics. The pots and especially the switches will be in need of a good cleaning. Sometimes deoxit will do the trick, but it might be necessary to take them apart completely and clean the slider rails.

Really appreciate your assistance on this one.
You did a crazy rebuild on one. Outstanding.
That is the kind of electronics work that I am hoping to do myself.
Being connected with a great group of people here gives me more confidence to take on such projects. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom