techwood?

Donny

Big Damn Hero
I've never heard of techwood and I am wondering if anyone here has. How good is techwood gear?

Is that what you get when a Technics marries a Kenwood?

Sorry. I can't resist a straight line like that.

They have those huge carpet covered speaks with the plastic woofer guards on them. And like /celt said, you can have a complete system for 25 bucks a week for 18 months. Hey, they have horns now :D

thx guys,I'll just avoid techwood, haha heres another one I heard of kenrock I saw this brand at one of those buy a car cd player for a penny oneday only sale (ok they cost more then a penny)

I dont know if anyone cares.. but reading the post about kenwood is amusing. Here is a little history about kenwood for those that do not know.

When Kenwood was founded by 3 Japanese Americans that first met in an internment camp in the U.S.. When it came to creating a name for the company, they looked at the most popular brands of the time. Kenwood and Sherwood. Put the two together and came up with Kenwood. I am not kidding about this. On a side note... the founders of Kenwood are also the founders of Mikasa diningware .. ( spelled wrong )

I have a Techwood TDX85 All electric dual cassette component that looks like it spent its last 15 year off the coast of the Gulf of Mexico and was rescued and it ALL works...perfectly. So, sir, say what you want, the proof is in the proverbial pudding. That is all.

Actually, I personally know people who own pawn shops, appliance stores and such... I've SEEN the Techwood catalog, and it's definitely made to cater to rent-to-own stores, pawn shops and such.

It's right up there with the Welton "Pro Studio" or Pyramid equipment, and such. A step better than "white van", but not much, in reality. I've seen lots of it come in for repair, and the parts are definitely low-end. Most of it wound up not being worth repairing- the combination of parts and labor cost, was higher than the used value of the equipment.

If it works for you, that's fine- but it's definitely nowhere near real high-performance.

Regards,
Gordon.

Back
Top Bottom