teeny bouncy light score

B3Nut

tubes and spinny things!
Was in Battle Creek visiting family, and stopped into the local SA. Got this APM-500 for 99 cents. :)

TP

What, Thor has not made a offer on it???

I Know just from reading the threads here on Ak, that this piece of of gear has "Thor" written all over it!
Ron

rat Shack Meters

Het. . .I have one just like this one. . .I had 3 of them once. . .One for each channel that way I had more lights per channel. . .LPC . . .WPC. . .

Its a nice little unit that reads 'peak' and 'RMS'....

I just insert it into my speaker B... then I dont hafta worry about noise and humm and other 'junk' in the mains....

Last edited:
I got a 500 from a thrift store a few mons ago and have played with it some. Even on the low wattage selection for most listening I only get the 1st light or second light lit for most listening. As they say, the 1st watt is the most important. It did verify something for me with an amp a tech said was working but to me seemed out of balance - one amp channel was off from the other about 1 db. Guess my ears are still reasonably good.

Well..Thor has first dibs on it when I'm done playing with it...it is kinda fun, since my Sansui 6060 lacks power meters. If I put my Onk TX-3000 back in service in the bedroom, it'll be no longer needed (it has power meters, something I need like a hole in my head but they're fun to watch sometimes :D ). The Sansui may end up in the lobby of the vet clinic my wife works at...I put the JVC receiver and American Acoustics speakers I'm giving to the kennel manager in temporary service in the lobby, and clients have really enjoyed having some music in the lobby, especially at Christmas with WOLX (Oldies 94.9) playing holiday music 24/7.

:)

TP

Back
Top Bottom