Tekton Owners Thread

VinylNewGuy,

Check out the Enzo Xl's. I bought them and I am pretty happy so far. They replaced B&W 804 s

They aren't as tall as the pendragons but have the same drivers. I am driving them with a Yaqin tube amp with 35 watts and they get plenty loud and low.

If my room were bigger I would have the Di's but my room is only 10.5 x 20 something and low ceiling.

I also have Emotiva mono blocks and their Xsp -1 gen 2 preamp but did not like the sound when I connected them. Too bright, but I am sure that is room issue.

Have fun call Eric and he will point you in the right direction!

VinylNewGuy,

Check out the Enzo Xl's. I bought them and I am pretty happy so far. They replaced B&W 804 s

They aren't as tall as the pendragons but have the same drivers. I am driving them with a Yaqin tube amp with 35 watts and they get plenty loud and low.

If my room were bigger I would have the Di's but my room is only 10.5 x 20 something and low ceiling.

I also have Emotiva mono blocks and their Xsp -1 gen 2 preamp but did not like the sound when I connected them. Too bright, but I am sure that is room issue.

Have fun call Eric and he will point you in the right direction!

Or you can go with Pendragons because my Pendragons are better than Enzo XL's. LOL :)

Just kidding VinylNewGuy, it's an inside joke between dwwjr56 and I that goes back a few pages.

Enzo XL's Pendragon's I am sure they are so close in sonics that you can't go wrong with either. They are both AMAZING speakers. Now as far as eliminating your sub from your 2 channel set up goes. That depends on how much you like bass. They do very well and produce some nice bass on their own but I always run my SVS PC-2000 sub with everything I listen to. It just adds that extra lower end layer that the Pens can't do on their own. How low do you need to go? I have my Pens crossed at 40hz and the SVS around 80hz. I like the blend. What kind of sub do you have? I am just a sub guy. I think EVERYTHING sounds better with a well built and well integrated sub. I have NEVER found a full range speaker to completely satisfy me when it comes to low end bass. But once again, depending on what you are looking for and what your musical taste is, the Pens by themselves do bass VERY well.
Hope that helps.

I have the Triton Ones in front, SS XXL center and Triton Fives for side channels. I'll eventually replace the rear channel Monitor Audio speakers with AON 3s. As far as comparing the Triton Ones to the Double Impacts on music, to my ears they are quite different from each other. As mentioned many times in this thread, the Tektons are unique in their dynamic qualities and truly sound "live" to me. On the other hand, the GoldenEar speakers give me more of a "studio" sound. Since I love both representations, I'll listen to either system as the mood strikes. I have the same situation with my headphones. I guess variety really is the spice of life! :)
I have a very similar system with the triton ones in the front xxl center and triton sevens for the sides. I'm going to make another listing area in my family room. My options are triton fives with a super sub x or a pair of double impacts. I've heard the fives with the sub x but not the double impacts. Looking for your opinion of the differences between thr sounds of the tritons vs the double impacts.

Good one HiFiJeff,

As I wrote that I was thinking of your comments from earlier! Had a good chuckle to myself, and then when I read it again!

I have an svs sub myself. Sb1000 I believe I just may try adding that in as well. Sure helped the B&W's, can't hurt to try.

Hi guys,

Long time lurker here that is finally ready to take the plunge on the Pendragons to replace a pair of old, cheap Polk towers (thanks for all of the great info so far).

And I know it's been touched on here and there, but anyone have cable recommendations under $300? I was thinking Audioquest Type 4 since I have Golden Gate interconnects and Cinnamon USB cable, but I had my eye on Anti Cables, as well.

Anyone have any recommendations? They'll be driven by an NAD C 326BEE. Again, I appreciate all the great info up to this point, so I know I can trust the recommendations here.

Hi guys,

Long time lurker here that is finally ready to take the plunge on the Pendragons to replace a pair of old, cheap Polk towers (thanks for all of the great info so far).

And I know it's been touched on here and there, but anyone have cable recommendations under $300? I was thinking Audioquest Type 4 since I have Golden Gate interconnects and Cinnamon USB cable, but I had my eye on Anti Cables, as well.

Anyone have any recommendations? They'll be driven by an NAD C 326BEE. Again, I appreciate all the great info up to this point, so I know I can trust the recommendations here.

We probably want to tread lightly here. We don't want this thread to get locked because of cable controversy. You didn't mention how long the cables will need to be. That will influence the price. I've used both Transparent Audio The Wave, and Analysis Plus Oval 12 with my Lore 2's with good results. I'm currently using the Oval 12's. I've used the AntiCables but not with My Lores. There is something to be said for having all your cables from the same company. If you like your Audioquest cables then you might want to go that route.

-Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response. Sorry, forgot to mention that the cables only need to be 7 to 10 feet. I was wondering about there being any merit to keeping the cabling a family affair, so I'm glad you touched on that briefly, as well. I'll definitely be checking out those other brands, as well. Thanks!

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response. Sorry, forgot to mention that the cables only need to be 7 to 10 feet. I was wondering about there being any merit to keeping the cabling a family affair, so I'm glad you touched on that briefly, as well. I'll definitely be checking out those other brands, as well. Thanks!

You're welcome. Not sure about audio shops in your area, but some shops will let audition cables in your home.

-Dave

Edit: I gave you a like for your post here. Welcome!

You're welcome. Not sure about audio shops in your area, but some shops will let audition cables in your home.

-Dave

Edit: I gave you a like for your post here. Welcome!

Much appreciated! And I think the closest hi-fi shop near me is in Framingham, MA (I'm in a suburb of Providence), but it could be worth getting in touch with them. Thanks for the tip!

Has anybody run the DI with a Class D amp (using the Hypex nCore)? Would love to hear from you if you have.

I've got Pendragons and plan to get the Nord amps that use Hypex and I expect they will be very good. Eric Alexander uses Class D or did in the past anyways, but I don't know if he has tried Hypex amps.

Hi guys,

Take the plunge and don't look back! The Pendragons are AMAZING. And yes, this is a Tekton thread not speaker wire debate thread. But keep it simple . Couldn't be happier with these and leaves you a lot of money to spend elsewhere.

http://www.accessories4less.com/mak...-terminated-w/banana-plugs-pair-9.8-ft/1.html

Good one HiFiJeff,

As I wrote that I was thinking of your comments from earlier! Had a good chuckle to myself, and then when I read it again!

I have an svs sub myself. Sb1000 I believe I just may try adding that in as well. Sure helped the B&W's, can't hurt to try.

Knew you would get a chuckle out of that.

And yeah, throw that SVS sub into the mix, I am sure you will lke what it adds to your system. I am putting a second PC-2000 into the mix after my house gets finished.

Could you give me your thoughts/impressions on the Outlaw 975 and 5000? That's still the route I plan on going... would love to know what you think of them with the Tektons.

I'm currently running off of my Integra Receiver... it has pre-outs, so I figured I could buy the Model 5000 amp and then eventually replace the receiver with the 975... although the 976 has me intrigued :D

The 5000 is a sweet amp and GREAT bang for the buck. You could do the Integra/5000 combo or wait for a nice combo package from Outlaw. And get it all at once. But I am REALLY happy with my system. Outlaw makes really good stuff.

Anyone out there using a Primaluna tube amp to run any Tektons.
In particular any 4 ohm Double Impact owners?

If not Primaluna, any solid recommendations for a overachieving tube amp that will match the DIs?

If not Primaluna, any solid recommendations for a overachieving tube amp that will match the DIs?

Decware SE84UFO. I love Decware amps and this specific one loves a 4ohm load and really gets every last bit out of this killer little amp. I sold mine to move on to a 5.1 set up but man do I miss it!

http://www.decware.com/newsite/SE84CKC.html

On the budget side things, I'm running a Silk MS-38 6CA7/EL34B integrated amp which handles the DI's 4ohm load with no problems.

Hi guys,

Call Eric and he will be happy to recommend some cables. When I purchased my Pendragons 3-4 years ago he recommended 14g Mogami coax from Performance Audio in SLC. I am a happy customer !

I got an email from Eric at Tekton. My Lores are going to ship on tue. 5/30. I cant wait, it's been a month since I ordered them. I'm looking forward to hearing what all the fuss is about...

Back
Top Bottom