Tekton Owners Thread

I think it's the Alpha-10A.

https://www.parts-express.com/eminence-alpha-10a-10-guitar-pa-driver--290-403

I need to replace a driver. So the better the driver from Eminence the better the sound of the Pendragon? Or is it specifically designed for the Alpha-10A Driver.

No, the crossover is designed for a specific driver. Get the exact same one that is currently being used. The different eminence models all have slightly different measurements. I'd just pull the bad one and see what the model number is then get a replacement.

Finally got my Accuphase P300 from the shop and back in my system pushing my Uruz and I swear I'll put my rig up against just about anything. Maybe I'm just excited to have my first love back home but good lord this shit sounds good.

Attachments

• IMG_3847.JPG
    IMG_3847.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 51
Finally got my Accuphase P300 from the shop and back in my system pushing my Uruz and I swear I'll put my rig up against just about anything. Maybe I'm just excited to have my first love back home but good lord this shit sounds good.
What kind of tunes do you typically listen to? I tried calling Eric last week to get some insight on the Lore vs Uruz but didn't hear back. Maybe you can give me some insight into why you went with the Uruz? I'm using a 12w tube amp currently (Kingko ka-101) but also incedently have a P300 that I need to repair at some point...

Can someone post a link to Eminence that shows exactly what kind of driver is in the Pendragon 8ohm version?

Cabinet design and internal volume plus crossover design are all done to the exact drivers used in any good design.
Your best bet is to contact Tekton/Eric and order the correct driver/s direct from him.

Last edited:
What kind of tunes do you typically listen to? I tried calling Eric last week to get some insight on the Lore vs Uruz but didn't hear back. Maybe you can give me some insight into why you went with the Uruz? I'm using a 12w tube amp currently (Kingko ka-101) but also incedently have a P300 that I need to repair at some point...
Did you get my reply? I didn't see it on here...

I'm curious to hear these with a low powered tube amp. I was running two PS Audio model 2C's as monoblocks while the Accuphase was in the shop which were pushing 200 wpc. These Uruz though are super sensitive and my meters barely budge with the Accuphase. My latest obsession has been to acquire a First Watt and see how they respond with some super high quality class A goodness.

Got it directly from Schiit. The tubes that came with the unit were garbage. I spent a couple hundred on different tubes to have the same issue. No unkind words were written just a statement of the issue. No response. I guess I could try again. I would even settle for Store credit. It's better than something I cant use.
I have had a problem emailing Schitt before, for some reason they didn't receive my e-mail. I just tried again and got a response amost immediately.

It's hard to find any relevant information on the true character of the Tekton speakers at their website given the cut and paste universal description thing. My question is has anyone heard the double impact se? My current speaker is the JBL L7, dont laugh. The L7 is one of the most dynamic speakers I have heard in my room. I don't know how the JBLs might compare with more modern offerings, but the Tektons sure have a loyal following and impressive feedback. I currently have a marantz sr6008, cd6005, tube buffer, and wyred for sound sx1000 monblocs in a 14x32x8 room and soon a primaluna preamp. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have a price point on the mini Ulfberht?

Last edited:
Just a quick update..shot Eric a quick email today about the mini-ulf's and he got right back to me, said pics should be online/posted within the next week to two weeks..
I wonder if the mini-ulfs and the dbl impact se might end up being a little redundant, he sure it turning out a lot of models

I’m not laughing ..
I really doubt that you would need to go above the Electrons, or ,the DI’ models..
And possibly a couple of his smaller subs ..

Electrons in dark matte grey with Electron center channel. They measure 50.5H x 13.75D x 10.25 W on the plinths and sitting on Gaia III. I would not call them "mid" towers like Eric does. They are large speakers.

Attachments

• 23DA4D5F-29C0-4547-BE89-7CCACDE47B23.jpeg
    23DA4D5F-29C0-4547-BE89-7CCACDE47B23.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 69
I also weighed the Electrons and they went from 62.5lbs before the switch from the 6" to 8" woofers and are now 74.5lbs with plinths and Gaia III feet.

Back
Top Bottom