1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Tekton Owners Thread

Discussion in 'New Gear - Values' started by prighello, Aug 28, 2014.

1. dafish721

dafish721 New Member

I also weighed the Electrons and they went from 62.5lbs before the switch from the 6" to 8" woofers and are now 74.5lbs with plinths and Gaia III feet.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. CWC

CWC New Member

Any info on the mini Ulfs please? Dimensions, price, specs, woofer number and sizes.

Thanks

3. Tommyxeno

Tommyxeno New Member

@dafish721 i am considering pulling the trigger on the electrons and wondered if you had time to form an opinion yet.
    Also wondering if anyone has compared electron and di side by side? Sorry if I'm repeating something already covered. I just joined

4. dafish721

dafish721 New Member

@Tommyxeno I have not heard the DIs but after owning the Electrons I can say they are a big step up from my Monitor Audio Silver series. They are lifelike in presentation.

5. louisjames

louisjames The "real" Louis James Subscriber

I have not heard the Electrons but I have had a pair of DI's (with upgrades) in my listening room recently and can honestly say I've never heard anything this dynamic, bold and engaging. Pretty much everything I've read about them is true. They are a really incredible sounding speaker and a bargain at the price they sell for. Only downside is the stock finish is not the best I've seen but after a few minutes listening at low, medium and LOUD volumes that wasn't even a consideration. And of course a lot of swank finishes are available if you want. Good luck whichever way you go. Just my 2c's, YMMV. :)

6. butchgo

butchgo Member

Wow this thread sure died!!!!!

7. CKDC

CKDC AK Subscriber Subscriber

Maybe everybody is holding their breath in anticipation of a new speaker from Tekton. After all, it has been, what is it, two weeks since he introduced a new speaker?

8. nj pheonix

nj pheonix AK Subscriber Subscriber

I didn't notice,
    Does anyone have Enzo XLs .
    With so much overlap in the product line it seems these fall between the cracks:idea:

9. butchgo

butchgo Member

I have a pair of them with the upgrade package and I love them.
    The soundstage is immersive, crystal clear highs and tight, controlled, powerful bass.
    I am running them in a room 15' wide X 16' deep with 7-1/2" ceilings and I never feel that they are too large ever.
    I am using Emotiva XPA1-Ls to drive them.

10. nj pheonix

Thanks for the review. Too bad you're too far to audition them (for me)

11. butchgo

butchgo Member

Can't get much farther apart that's for sure.

12. nj pheonix

Not on this continent:D

13. Naimster

Naimster New Member

it's been a full year since I got my Pendragons and they are as enjoyable to listen to as on day one. They got smoother and the bass seems tighter than when they were new. Really nice speakers and without any real competition for the money. Sure there are better speakers out there, but what is really better if a person has to spend 4 or 5 times as much to get to the next level? And once there, a major amp upgrade will be required in order to get the full benefit which starts getting crazy expensive. Bravo Eric. I hope your business continues to thrive because you've earned it, man.

14. nj pheonix

I got a good deal on a slightly worn pair of Lores for a good price. I needed something efficient to use with my SEP amp.
    I only have a dozen or so hours in (they have more). I I'm a pretty tough critic. I'm very pleased so far!

I'm not sure I'll need to but if I upgraded , I'd definitely go up the product line.

rocky500 likes this.
  15. Bob in WI

Bob in WI AK Subscriber Subscriber

I've found that there's very little the Lore S's don't do well. They play jazz nicely & they make rock music that gets folks up & dancing. In my 12 X 16 room, I don't think bigger or more would be appropriate.

16. nj pheonix

I will say this,
    I find in front, and at reasonably wife angles, the presentation is very nice. If you are 4' (?) Outside , the outside speaker, it loses something (I'm talking about a casual listening quality. I get that if you're not between them , near the sweet spot, you're going to lose " the sound").
    Not really a criticism (a nitpick really), just an observation.
    (Compared to several other speakers I've used).
    Probably comes more into play in a wider room:idea:

17. DuffDI

DuffDI New Member

He does have a wide dispersion option...at least on the DIs he does.

18. DuffDI

DuffDI New Member

So new member here and joined because I recently purchased a pair of DIs and this owners group appears to be the biggest one.

19. nj pheonix

Welcome to the zoo.
    If I consider the DIs in the future, I guess I'll have to give Eric a call .
    (Thanks for the tip on the wide dispersion option)

20. DuffDI

DuffDI New Member

I have a pair of DIs, I'm curious, what have other owners of Tekton towers done with speaker placement? How much toe in do you use?