Tekton Owners Thread

Discussion in 'New Gear - Values' started by prighello, Aug 28, 2014.

1. butchgo

butchgo Member

Merry Christmas.....

2. Mukerji

Mukerji New Member

Folks

I am new to this forum. I would like to audition Tekton DI speakers in the Seattle area. Please pm me if you are willing to entertain.

I have been pretty impressed with the reviews so far. I currently have Paradigm Monitor 11s.

3. jaybirdss396

jaybirdss396 AK Subscriber Subscriber

My Pendragons are 9" from the wall toed in one inch. I briefly messed around with placement and settled on this. They're not real sensitive to placement like some speakers are.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  4. butchgo

butchgo Member

Happy New Year!!!!!!

5. prighello

prighello AK Subscriber Subscriber

Just got back on the Tekton horse after a year of not having the space for them. This time, I got a pair of Lore Reference which are slightly larger than the M-Lores we used to have. Impressions so far are good. Its hard to compare to the M-Lores since its been over a year and in a totally different room.

What I can compare them to are my LS50s which were in the same room. The Lore Reference seem just as detailed and throw a bigger sound-stage. When I had the M-Lores next to the LS50s in my old place the Kef's were clearly more detailed. So I'd say the Reference are a step up from the Ms.

The Reference are a bit more in your face than the LS50s which seem laid back in comparison. Bass is a bit weak something I don't recall with the Ms but it could be the room. I was using a sub with the Kefs so its not a fair comparison. The sub definitely dug deeper than the Reference. I'll see if things change but might hook the sub back up.

So far so good, I will know more with time. I will say the wife is really happy with them :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  6. Bob in WI

Bob in WI AK Subscriber Subscriber

Oh nice. So you can keep them then... :)

7. prighello

prighello AK Subscriber Subscriber

Absolutely! She was the one that wanted the Tektons back. The only requirement was they must be white and so they are. Eric was great too. Gave me us a really awesome deal on a pair he had in stock.

image.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  8. butchgo

butchgo Member

Sweet!!!!