Tekton Owners Thread

Good question, I just ordered the stock ones on the website. It says 8 ohm on the site but I keep reading that the standard ones are 4 ohm now. I've tried them on the 4 and 8 ohm taps on my amp.

Thanks.
How are they sounding now?
I have the Enzo XLs which are the same drivers in a smaller enclosure and a different array and I love them.
I very rarely drive them much above 80 dB but they sound clean and crisp at that level.

Last edited:
At that level they do sound nice. But when going loud they are no match for some of my other speakers. I'm going to rotate the Kappa 9's back in this week, I just had the polydome mid's redone by Miller Sound. Can't wait to hear how they sound now.

Thought I'd pop in and give an update after a long absence from this thread. I've had the Lore Reference for three years now and I'm still pretty happy with them. I'd been driving them with the Brio-R and just recently replaced it with a Line Magnetic LM-211ia. Some members reported good results with Line Magnetic and Tekton, so that really pushed me in that direction when I was shopping for tube amps. I don't have much to say yet about the sound, only that soundstage (depth, width, and height) has improved considerably. I've only got about 30 hours on the amp so far and the sound is changing with time. I'll post again when I the amp is burned in and I'll also give some long term impressions of the speakers. Eric is still making these, so I figure it might be helpful for those considering them, though discussion has tended to shift toward his new offerings.

Of course, obligatory pics:

41157631794_396bb13390_c.jpg

41887931481_d7aa9665ee_c.jpg

41170619994_cc23c12279_c.jpg

I'm loving my Klipsch Quartets with an MP sep amp, 6.5 wtts X2, but if I did try something different it would be a Tekton or Zu model. High efficiency is my new go to.

Just want to clarify my earlier posts. These really are nice sounding speakers. They are clear and open with a great bottom end. But I think they are a better match for the lower power-high efficiency systems some folks prefer. My system is not one of those, there are times I want my neighbors to shave my choice of music and some of my current speakers fit that bill a little better than the Tektons I bought. Tonight I'll give them a spin with 110 watts of Sony AVR and see how that goes. I think they will do a great job as the mains in my HT setup.

@C6Bill

I am a bit confused by your postings about the pendragons. Why would one have issues when playing these loud. I thought that was what they are designed for. Isn't that the whole point of high sensitivity? High SPLs with few watts? Are you maybe experiencing power compression?

Thought I'd pop in and give an update after a long absence from this thread. I've had the Lore Reference for three years now and I'm still pretty happy with them. I'd been driving them with the Brio-R and just recently replaced it with a Line Magnetic LM-211ia. Some members reported good results with Line Magnetic and Tekton, so that really pushed me in that direction when I was shopping for tube amps. I don't have much to say yet about the sound, only that soundstage (depth, width, and height) has improved considerably. I've only got about 30 hours on the amp so far and the sound is changing with time. I'll post again when I the amp is burned in and I'll also give some long term impressions of the speakers. Eric is still making these, so I figure it might be helpful for those considering them, though discussion has tended to shift toward his new offerings.

Of course, obligatory pics:

41157631794_396bb13390_c.jpg

41887931481_d7aa9665ee_c.jpg

41170619994_cc23c12279_c.jpg
I too have my Lores powered by a LM 211ia. Try some Gold Lion tubes if you get a chance.

Just want to clarify my earlier posts. These really are nice sounding speakers. They are clear and open with a great bottom end. But I think they are a better match for the lower power-high efficiency systems some folks prefer. My system is not one of those, there are times I want my neighbors to shave my choice of music and some of my current speakers fit that bill a little better than the Tektons I bought. Tonight I'll give them a spin with 110 watts of Sony AVR and see how that goes. I think they will do a great job as the mains in my HT setup.
Did you ever make the switch and, if you did, how did they sound?

Not even a remote option, I don't own a tube amp and have no interest in buying one. And i just spent all my play money on a new turntable lol

Now that you had some time with the Line Magnetic LM-211ia, can you give us some feedback and impressions? Since I have the same speakers, I'd love to hear what your experience has been with this pairing. Please let us know :)

Back
Top Bottom