Tekton Owners Thread

One thing I learned is that Eric will custom build what you request.

I wanted a bass reflex Fostex with a wide baffle rather than a skinny deep enclosure so that's what he built. Same internal volume but the driver was installed on the wide side.

I wish the Tekton website was a little more informative and had more and better pictures. When you are buying speakers unheard the more information the better. Frankly I think it hurts their sales. The other thing I dislike is all the variation on the Lore design. It's confusing and with so little information it's damn near impossible to get a real idea about the differences between each one.

cubdog

I agree on this and the overlap in the price points of the portfolio. I get the sense the guy just loves to design and build great sounding speakers but isn't really thinking of a logical go to market strategy or how the business could scale up.

Absolutely agreed on the website being a little "light". Fortunately, the Lores in all their incantations have been around long enough that a prospective buyer can get a fairly good "feel" for them. Most everyone thinks Eric is a pleasure to deal with so maybe the website is just a "teaser" to get you to make a call - but thats pure speculation on my part.

Absolutely agreed on the website being a little "light". Fortunately, the Lores in all their incantations have been around long enough that a prospective buyer can get a fairly good "feel" for them. Most everyone thinks Eric is a pleasure to deal with so maybe the website is just a "teaser" to get you to make a call - but thats pure speculation on my part.

The problem being, we are in a new age of retail. The web is all powerful when it comes to shopping. I think for a company that relies on the internet for sales they damn well better put as much thought into their web presence as they do their products. Look, I'm a Tekton fan even though I've yet to hear one of their speakers. I want them to succeed as I may at some time buy from them. Because of that, I want them to be around for a long time. To do so they better improve their website or suffer the consequences.

cubdog

The problem being, we are in a new age of retail. The web is all powerful when it comes to shopping. I think for a company that relies on the internet for sales they damn well better put as much thought into their web presence as they do their products. Look, I'm a Tekton fan even though I've yet to hear one of their speakers. I want them to succeed as I may at some time buy from them. Because of that, I want them to be around for a long time. To do so they better improve their website or suffer the consequences.

cubdog

I should see if he wants me to redesign his site in trade. I could use a couple more pairs of speakers. :)

- Woody

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I should see if he wants me to redesign his site in trade. I could use a couple more pairs of speakers. :)

- Woody

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly I wish you or someone would talk to him. He may not even realize he has a problem.

cubdog

As much as I agree regarding the website, until just recently, orders exceeded capacity so you'd expect the site to take a back seat to other business concerns. It is a little silly tho when I tell the decorator in chief the speakers come in multiple colors & then I can't show her the colors. I knew we had issues when I said "they come in grey"; the response was "what grey"? I should have just said "pick black or white."

As much as I agree regarding the website, until just recently, orders exceeded capacity so you'd expect the site to take a back seat to other business concerns. It is a little silly tho when I tell the decorator in chief the speakers come in multiple colors & then I can't show her the colors. I knew we had issues when I said "they come in grey"; the response was "what grey"? I should have just said "pick black or white."

Asked for pics of various color but he didn't have any. The blog has pictures of some of the various colors. The BMW Cyber Grey Metallic looks pretty awesome. Good luck:thmbsp:

I've had a bunch of time now with my 4.5OB's and I am damn happy.
I love the sound of OB speakers, but I have a really small room (11x12). It's hard to get OB's to shine in that small of a space. On the other hand, the room is so small and odd shaped it's also tough to get the bass right. With my Aiko horns, there just wasn't quite enough extension. I hate trying to get subs dialed so that hasn't worked quite as well as I've hoped when I've tried that with some other speakers.
These little Tektons are the right size for an OB in a small space, and they have *just enough* bass extension that things sound "real". It's not kick-in-the-chest bass by any stretch, but it's palpable and defined.
For now I'm running them with a Legacy 300w amp. I'm building a TPA3116 board amp (as soon as I get it: it's been about a month so far...) that I'm excited to try, and then I'm also working on a Get Set Go 6b4g amp that I'm hoping will pair well. I'm a little worried about the bass with the smaller amps, but I'm also thinking of swapping out my Denon DL103M cart for something with a bit more slam (can you say Grado Signature 8MZ???? I hope...)

I want to plan a trip to listen to all the AKer Tekton, and OB systems. If you guys hear a knock on the door and see a stranger standing there it might be me. :yes:

cubdog

"If you guys hear a knock on the door and see a stranger standing there it might be me." If you had a 6 pack of IPA or a Scottish ale, I think you'd get in pretty easily around here.

"The BMW Cyber Grey Metallic looks pretty awesome" I'm not picking up the difference between the BMW grey & grey satin. I sent Tekton an e mail regarding this question. I should have asked the cost differential but neglected to do so.

"The BMW Cyber Grey Metallic looks pretty awesome" I'm not picking up the difference between the BMW grey & grey satin. I sent Tekton an e mail regarding this question. I should have asked the cost differential but neglected to do so.

It looked to be more metallic. More gloss with a deeper richer appearance. Still it's grey, which I like by the way, and the two do look very similar. Cost would play heavily into my decision between the two.

cubdog

The cyber metallic grey looked to me like a gloss finish, like you'd see on a car. While the satin is less reflective of light, more flat like a satin interior paint finish. My white satin tektons do not reflect light while the white gloss on my sonus fabers does. It's a matter of personal preference I suppose. Good luck whatever you decide. :D

I had a brief conversation with Eric yesterday (he was cleaning paint guns while we spoke) & he confirmed that the Lore S would be most suitable for our situation. I pulled the trigger & ordered a pair (satin grey) this evening. I really have to get the living room remodelling complete so I can get the stereo set up again. Its going to make me nuts if the speakers arrive & I can't give a listen. I'm excited to hear what the reviewers have been praising so effusively.

Back
Top Bottom