Telefunken / Project One Meters

bubau

I have a Telefunken TR-1500 DC Series Reciever. Recently discovered that Project One / Mark made a clone of this model. The 3 meters are not working. I know this was a common problem with these monsters. Is there any hope of getting them to work? I have a tech willing to look at it. ANy chance of finding parts for one of these rare hulks? Otherwise this unit works great...needs a good cleaning. It was an amazing yard sale score at just $10.

I believe that the meter movements in this model were all improperly adjusted at the factory. They work for a while and over time the jewel adjustment gets too tight and the D'arsenault movement seizes. I removed the meters from Bubau's Telefunken TR-1500 and did a bit of electr-micro surgery(sometimes necessary). Carefully peel away the scotch tape covering the screw adjustment. Use a jewelers screwdriver to loosen screw which has that green screwlock, turn about 1/4 turn counterclockwise, this should be enough to free up the movement. Check for movement of the needle. Do not turn screw more than necessary. It may be necessary to adjust the screw at the rear of the meter. If need be, the pointer position lever can be adjust from the back of the meter. Probably best to do this when the meter is installed in it's place in the receiver, the earth's magnetic field will have an effect on the position while it is out of the receiver. P.S. keep meter away from strong magnetic fields. It is not necessary :nono: to disassemble the plastic meter cover to do this delicate procedure.
Extreme care must be taken not to destroy the meter movement, one slip and you could be saying bye bye to that meter, so take your time.

Attachments

• DSCN4545.JPG
    DSCN4545.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCN4547.JPG
    DSCN4547.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN4548.JPG
    DSCN4548.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 85
Any pictures of the TR-1500 bubau? Just wondering if it looks like the Project/One Mark 1500?

I believe that the meter movements in this model were all improperly adjusted at the factory. They work for a while and over time the jewel adjustment gets too tight and the D'arsenault movement seizes. I removed the meters from Bubau's Telefunken TR-1500 and did a bit of electr-micro surgery(sometimes necessary). Carefully peel away the scotch tape covering the screw adjustment. Use a jewelers screwdriver to loosen screw which has that green screwlock, turn about 1/4 turn counterclockwise, this should be enough to free up the movement. Check for movement of the needle. Do not turn screw more than necessary. It may be necessary to adjust the screw at the rear of the meter. If need be, the pointer position lever can be adjust from the back of the meter. Probably best to do this when the meter is installed in it's place in the receiver, the earth's magnetic field will have an effect on the position while it is out of the receiver. P.S. keep meter away from strong magnetic fields. It is not necessary :nono: to disassemble the plastic meter cover to do this delicate procedure.
Extreme care must be taken not to destroy the meter movement, one slip and you could be saying bye bye to that meter, so take your time.
I saw a youtube vid that shows using the heat from a soldering iron works. They show it used on the front screw. Wonder if it would work on the rear one. Anyway... I thought I would mention this.

Back
Top Bottom