Tell me all the bad things about Cornwalls..

Congrats - the Cornwalls look awesome. I also see no reason for a sub - though I am using Crites cast frame woofer - but I recall the original woofers sounded sweet.

They're big. I had a pair of Cornwall IIs that I had to sell because my wife didn't like the idea of not being able to open up the bedroom door all the way to get into the room. For me I would gladly sacrifice something trivial like a door being partially blocked to be able to have a set of Cornwalls. Unfortunately I had to sell them. :(

You have to quietly morph your way up the food chain. I messed around in the beginning with Forte II's and Quartet's then moved up to Cornwall's which did bring some hesitation but then shortly thereafter brought home Belles. Her only comment after looking at them was "that's it right, they don't get any bigger than that"?

It's been a few years, might be time to find and bring home some...........

As for the Cornwall's, love them! Have nothing bad to say about them.

You have to quietly morph your way up the food chain. I messed around in the beginning with Forte II's and Quartet's then moved up to Cornwall's which did bring some hesitation but then shortly thereafter brought home Belles. Her only comment after looking at them was "that's it right, they don't get any bigger than that"?

It's been a few years, might be time to find and bring home some...........

As for the Cornwall's, love them! Have nothing bad to say about them.
I'll keep you in mind. We're moving soon. and I may have to let my Khorns go. Belles might more in line with our move.:rolleyes:

Tell me all the bad things about Cornwalls

I don't have them.
Me either, but me wants
need-it.gif

Didn't notice :) We'll see how long it lasts.:rockon:

I know this is late but... what the heck... I worked in Florida for 2 years while wife stayed here in house and close to her father (prior to his passing).

While in Florida, I bought not one.... but two Danley DTS-10 subwoofers.

When I moved everything back to TN, I was unloading the truck with her nephew helping. I looked at him and said see these monsters? (yep)... Well... watch Marion. When she comes out here, she won't even SEE them (because they're so large, they won't register)

She came out to help and was probably shuffling stuff around in that truck for approaching 10 minutes.... moving things around these behemoths .... when she stopped dead in her tracks and looked at them.... looked up and down.... had a bit of a quizzical look on her face.

She came over to me... 'Richard.... what are these boxes??"

Ten minutes and I was finally outed.

All the bad things about Cornwalls, imo, are their size.

PS - I love my Fortes.

if your Forte take in a full deep breath and stand tall holding their shoulders back they simply turn into Chorus ll and you have made the jump with very little difficulty. Give the Chorus(ll) some solid power and they will not fail to seriously impress you. The improved mid horn of the MK2 version is well worth it in sound quality.

if your Forte take in a full deep breath and stand tall holding their shoulders back they simply turn into Chorus ll and you have made the jump with very little difficulty. Give the Chorus(ll) some solid power and they will not fail to seriously impress you. The improved mid horn of the MK2 version is well worth it in sound quality.

I believe pretty much anything you write about Klipsch. Although I came nowhere near what you have done with Fortes, I did add internal bracing and resealed all openings while doing a simple Dayton poly recap, as a direct result of reading your posts on the Forte, and that alone - even with original drivers - made a world of improvement. Always glad to see you posting, mj. I'm still very happy with them in the bedroom system.

I believe pretty much anything you write about Klipsch. Although I came nowhere near what you have done with Fortes, I did add internal bracing and resealed all openings while doing a simple Dayton poly recap, as a direct result of reading your posts on the Forte, and that alone - even with original drivers - made a world of improvement. Always glad to see you posting, mj. I'm still very happy with them in the bedroom system.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::bowdown::bowdown:

The Forte is a well balanced loudspeaker and has very wide band. You could enhance the Forte's bass response by adding some dead weight to your passives about 2 - 2.5 ounces each will result in considerably deeper bass response from your Fort or Chorus ll if you find a pair. Raise them up on stands so the centre of the mid horn is at your seated ear level to improve the speakers stage and image qualities. Have fun and enjoy.

Last edited:
Cornwall has a very dynamic quality that a lot of us love. I will admit once you have owned speakers that reach close to 20 HZ flat and can produce the level to make happy with. It would be hard to go back to a Corn wall. But that said if a Cornwall is placed properly in a room and you use a room EQ to properly reduce the peaks in the bass response a Corn wall is a great speaker easily reaching just below 30 hz with proper room coupling. Is it a pair of stacked ML-4's or a Concert Grand not even close, but its still a great speaker. But then you don't need 700 watts a channel for the ML-4's either or 250 watts for the Grands bi amped either.

Last edited:
.....aside from the fact that they're huge. because I'm going to look at a record collection I may buy today, and the person is selling some cornwall CWOs which I really don't need, but I have heard so many glowing reviews (best speaker I ever heard, stopped chasing the dragon when I got these, tossed my Wilson's after hearing these etc etc) that I'm worried I may come home with them. I'm restoring some ESS AMT 3s and some DQ-10s at the moment so I'm not sure I need another set of big speakers. But like I said...I've heard these are special.
So what's not to like?
I

The bad thing is that Klipsch will soon be coming out with the Cornwall IV. It will incorporate the midrange from the Forte III for substantially improved midrange. It might also have a new high frequency driver. I would like to have a pair of Cornwalls but am waiting for the IV's - should not be too long.

Back
Top Bottom