Tell Us Something That Happened To You That Made You Feel Very Old.

When I first joined Facebook about 8 years ago I saw old friends from high school posting photos of their grandchildren!! My son was 8 at the time. I'm 52 now.

I was 40 when my first younger friend had a heart attack. I knew I wasn't a kid any more.

Somehow I am now on a list for Special Offers for hearing aids!
The bastages!

On the flip side of that coin, I recently got a call from somebody in Idaho, offering to help me pay off my student loans (!). I replied "I appreciate that, but you`re about 40 years too late !" :)

My sister turned 40 yesterday. I'll be 44 this year. She went into the dollar store, told the clerk it was her birthday, and proceeded to be told she only looked 32 or 33. Yeah, I don't think I want to ask!

I was working on this Revox A77 R2R and showed it to someone. She said: 'Wow, that's an old machine.' I agreed. Then I realized I'm older than the Revox.

makkelijk.jpg

I got some junk mail today from an "senior living" place. I guess they must think I'm ready for assisted living. I'm 65, but I can pretty much still do everything I could do when I was 25. I'm about to take off for parts unknown overseas somewhere. If I had to, I could trek to the Mt. Everest Base Camp. Anyway, it sort of ticked me off, getting that letter.

My Daughter borrowed a CD from me, (released in August 1989) 'Sleeping With The Past' by Elton John, she says she likes it and has made an electronic copy, "when do you play it" I ask casually - she says "when I want to hear a bit of 'retro' " - I'm thinking 'what...1989'!

I now have to take aleve so I can walk. Also, Toy Story was 22 years ago, and the kids in the Mighty Ducks movie are in their 40's.

Back
Top Bottom