1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Tell Us Something That Happened To You That Made You Feel Very Old.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by bobsvinyl, Sep 22, 2016.

1. That little girl as been brought up well. Pity there's less and less of it nowadays.

2. MaxxVolume

MaxxVolume Super Member

My in-laws were watching one of the old game shows on cable, where one of the guests was Tom Bosley....he was promoting the new sitcom that he was in...."Happy Days" !

SuperjazzyJa and Ronald1973 like this.
  3. MaxxVolume

MaxxVolume Super Member

upload_2017-6-16_0-24-21.png We moved our residence recently, and I happened to be going through the contents of an old wooden machinist`s toolbox that I hadn`t looked in for many moons. Happened to stumble across my old ID card from Lincoln Tech "way back when". Expiration date: 1977
    Forty years rolls up behind you all too quick....
    upload_2017-6-16_0-24-21.png

SuperjazzyJa and John James like this.
  4. bluesky

bluesky Addicted Member

Tell Us Something That Happened To You That Made You Feel Very Old.

I GOT old.

How did that happen???

SuperjazzyJa and Ohighway like this.
  5. MannyE

MannyE Exterminate! Subscriber

I went to a nightclub on south beach.

SuperjazzyJa likes this.
  6. Johnny 007

Johnny 007 Active Member

1977? Seems like yesterday. I had just moved to San Diego in August of that year when I heard the news that Elvis had died. 40 years ago! I think there were a few decades in there somewhere when I was on cruise control.

SuperjazzyJa and unfairlane like this.
  7. leesonic

leesonic Hold on, here comes the bass. Subscriber

How about walking around the grocery store with a list on the back of an envelope?

Or not being asked for ID when buying acetone, turpentine etc. even when I ask them if they have a cold one in the fridge?

Lee.

SuperjazzyJa likes this.
  8. hjames

hjames Nabbed ... Subscriber

Watching cable last night and saw a piece of a movie.
    I realized the actors in "Young Guns" aren't kids any more ...

[1988] Emilio Estevez, Kiefer Sutherland, Lou Diamond Phillips, Charlie Sheen ...

SuperjazzyJa likes this.
  9. Rome

Rome Holsum Honey Buns Subscriber

Before dinner I try to finish a crossword puzzle!
    :(

Rome

SuperjazzyJa likes this.
  10. bobsvinyl

bobsvinyl Painfully Aware Subscriber

I'll walk through an antique store and realize most of the stuff is from when I was growing up.

11. SuperjazzyJa

SuperjazzyJa 18 Wheel Member Subscriber

One of my bosses who is 28 yelled at me for grabbing an adjustable wrench out of asphalt in the paver (the foreman had to make an adjustment and dropped the wrench. I turned around and said, "Son, I must have burnt both of my hands a million times each before you were born and on things that were a lot hotter than 400° F."

12. rnorton

rnorton Super Member

Talking to a 24 yr old college grad who didn't know who Ho Chi Minh or Mao Tse Tung were and then asked me if I was at Pearl Harbor (I'm 69). The Pearl Harbor question DID make his friends groan audibly, which helped a little.

SuperjazzyJa likes this.
  13. rnorton

rnorton Super Member

I live in the city I went to High School in. I didn't want to hang out with those people then and I certainly don't wish to drive across town to see them now, so, no reunions for me.

hjames likes this.
  14. rnorton

rnorton Super Member

I credit 50 years of use with keeping my intraocular pressure low although EXTREME glaucoma runs in my family. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Now I get NM Medical cannabis for osteoarthritis, sciatic neuropathy and chronic pain issues.

15. rnorton

rnorton Super Member

Hearing early Leonard Cohen songs in a Vietnamese Muzak version in a Hanoi restaurant. Next time there it was "Leader of the Pack".

16. MaxxVolume

MaxxVolume Super Member

When I first got out of the military, I was fooling around with a barmaid who was around 10 years older than me. Divorced, she had a young daughter named Kim. I attended Kim`s 8th grade graduation, then lost track of both of them for a long time. Ran into Kim recently, she was standing in line ahead of me at the Dairy Queen, she was taking her grandchildren for ice cream....

17. KevinCorr

KevinCorr AK Subscriber Subscriber

I set up digital streaming and NAS at home. Failed at burning LPs. I can't even keep my Bluesound running.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017 at 6:19 PM
    hjames likes this.
  18. bluesky

bluesky Addicted Member

Want to get old fast?

Get a job constantly traveling internationally, even when your sleeping, 'non stop', for 35+ years.

Time will just fly by.

(but it sure was big fun :) ).

SuperjazzyJa likes this.
  19. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber