Tell Us Something That Happened To You That Made You Feel Very Old.

Trying to explain to my 27yo son the difference(s) between a Western film made in 1960 and the new remake. But it made me feel good that he took the time to watch the original before seeing the remake, and he got it. He noticed for instance that there was actually a story line in the original...

Cheers,
James

Last time I flew, some of the staff assumed I am disabled by appearance. I am arthritic and sometimes do appear disabled, it's getting gradually worse.

The Old Man's Lament

Now that I'm old and feeble
My pilot light is out
What used to be my sex appeal
Is now a water spout
It used to be embarrassing
To make the thing behave
For every single morning
It would stand and watch me shave
But now that I am older
It's giving me the blues
It hangs right down my pants leg
To watch me tie my shoes
Burma Shave.

If you made the connection, you may be "getting there".

When my wife had to push me in wheelchair through the airport on an emergency flight to see her mom in the hospital. Having the knee surgery prior to that did not help my feelings either. I have two weeks until my second knee surgery/replacement and am already hitting the depression stage.

When my ex-wife and I were in the car and we put on the classic rock station and they were playing 90s Metallica and Pantera. Since when is this "classic"? So, we switched to the oldies station and they were playing Bon Jovi! Good Heavens! We turned the radio off.

When one of my sons yelled to the other, "Come quick! Dad's giving another lesson on ancient history! He's discussing the VCR." My other son said, "Wasn't it invented by Galileo?"

When a co-worker asked me how the last supper was.

My wife and I were on a road trip a few weeks ago and we pulled in at a roadside pub to get a bite to eat. We disembarked from the truck and on the way through the parking lot we passed a forty-something Harley Dude talking on his cell phone while sitting astride a really cool old stripped-down XLCR café racer. As we passed, I gave him a thumbs-up and he said, "Thanks, man!" -- then to the person on the end of the phone, "Oh nothing, I was just talking to this elderly couple who were on their way into the bar."

Fortunately my wife was ahead of me and out of earshot.

I hope she never reads this.

Back
Top Bottom