Tell Us Something That Happened To You That Made You Feel Very Old.

One day at work we were googling our names to see what would results would come back. At the time I had no social media accounts so I only had on result from an post I made to a BBS (that outa date me too)
intergraph termcap entries for using Informix on Intergraph terminals
This was posted in 1994 before the web as we know it now existed. Anyway this one developer looked at me and said wow I was not even in school yet.
Well that makes a guy feel old.

High School reunions are downright depressing......like a geriatric convention.

My 50th high school reunion is next year. I've decided to (finally!) make an appearance, as I've never been to one. My sister-in-law is in my class, so my brother regularly attends my reunions. Last time, he was asked, "Did't you used to have a brother?"

A young lady at work said' "You remind me so much of my grandfather". I came back with, "Wellll, he must be cool!". It was a heartfelt compliment so didn't sting very much. :)

Spent a few days in the hospital last year to bring down surprisingly high blood pressure. One of the nighttime blood draws was performed by a very pretty young lady with a familiar last name. One of my school friends kids, all grown up... Last time I had seen her she was 2 or 3. 20 years goes by pretty damn fast

Took my wife to my hometown and we drove the strip on the way to my folk's house.

At a stoplight a truck pulled up beside me with an attractive woman in the passenger seat. She looked at me and I looked at her.

"Whatcha looking at?" says my wife.

"I think I might have dated her once upon a time" I reply.

My wife looks around me at the woman in the truck next to me.

"You might have dated her MOTHER" she snorted.

I hate it when the mental image I carry of me bumps into the real me.

Turning 30 made me feel old, since I clearly remember when my father turned 30 and I didn't exactly think of him as "young" at that time.

Having nieces and nephews now also makes me feel old.

Walking past a flood light at night and a moth flew straight into my newly emerging bald spot. Nature was letting me know time was beginning to run out.

Oh, and the bathroom is beginning to look dangerous. That slippery floor and hard edges.

I noticed my first grey hair a few days ago. Although I've been noticing them in my facial hair for a while now.
I started turning grey (and losing it at the same time) at 18(!) thanks to German measles caught on prom night. I'm 57 now and there's nothing on top.
What made me feel very old was when I started getting the senior discount at restaurants without even asking for it. :(
I used to be able to mow the entire lawn or shovel the sidewalks and driveway in one hour. Now I'm lucky if I can do it in two hours and not feel wiped out the rest of the day!

Walking into the movie theater I put my change away and realized I was given the senior discount that I neither asked nor was eligible for.:eek: I did however happily pocket the savings and proceed into the theater.:D

Hey
A girl at work was taking the next day off to celebrate her 25th birthday. She asked me what I did on my 25th birthday. My response was how the hell would I know it was 30 years ago, with a smile on my face but later it sure hit home. Damn where did the time go.. Eric

I'm in pretty good shape for my age, did a 35 mi bicycle ride Fri. But this summer 2 high school friends died unexpectedly and it shook me up pretty good. I'm also one of the oldest guys at work and hear about it from the young (40 year olds) guys.

My friends who are my age came up with a test to see if you OLD ENOUGH.
Can you remember who Jimmy Durante was? (and the Cracker jack Commercials he did?)
Do you ever remember a REVENUE train pulled by a steam locomotive?
Do you remember when commercial jets were still a novelty?
Do you remember the first neighbor to get a color TV?
Do you remember getting milk delivered to your front door and put in a metal box?
Do you remember the first Jerry Lewis Telethon?

Back
Top Bottom