Temple of Boom

Don Da Jewla

Fuhgetaboutit!
Hello,

Thought I would share a couple of pictures of my current downstairs setup.

Not sure what to say about it but I like it, sounds good to me, it's fun to find new gear and clean it up\repair it as needed and just enjoy the music. All of this gear I have either gotten for free from friends\family members or purchased second hand at thrift stores, tallying things up I have spent roughly $180 on all of this including the stand\cabinet.

The setup consists of the following:

Components

NEC AUA-8000E - $Free
McIntosh C27 - $20
Technics SH-8066 - $20
Sony ST-J75- $15
Akai CD-93 - $15
Nakamici CDC-4A - $30
Technics SL-5 - $40

Speakers

HH Scott S197 - $Free
Dalhquist QX10 - $Free
Traynor YSC-7A - $Free
Rotel RL-850 - $10

Enjoy!

Last edited:
If it sounds good to you, that is 99% of the challenge. Most folks, as I do, always think there is something better. The best is usually under their nose. Spending a whole lot more doesn't mean it will be better.
Really looks good.

That's some set up there. I can imagine your neighbors will love you...lol

Ah, neighbors!

I actually have really decent neighbors which is nice, the one neighbor works out of town and is never home and the other has never complained once about the music. As long as I keep things civil and respect their space\ears everything will be just fine.

Plus it helps when the stereo is so loud that I can honestly only play it loud for about 20 minutes before my ears start ringing and I have to turn it down.

That McIntosh alone is worth like 3x that at least. :eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

The only issue I have with the $20 McIntosh purchase is after the purchase I was trying all sorts of ways to justify in my head spending some real money (i.e. lots more) on more of their gear, I really like the sound of the C27 and the overall aesthetic of their products.

But that's half the fun of this hobby, finding gems like this out in the wild and giving them a new home where they will be cherished and used for many years to come.

Hello,

It seems as though good fortune has again found me and I am now the very proud owner of this Luxman R-117.

Best $50 I have spent in a very long time, I can't believe how loud this beast is, I am tickled pink!

Thanks
Yeah that's an incredibly nice receiver. :thumbsup:

I'll double your money on the MC right now! That looks great and for $180?

Well, now up to $230... still not too shabby!

And just at the right moment came the drop and it blew her blouse clean off.

I just about blew the door off it's hinges the other day when I gave the setup a test run and dialed the Luxman up, will be working on some acoustic panels in the near future as the back wall of the room just eats the bass.

Thanks

Holy crap that whole thing just looks amazing. I can't image what it's like having company around that don't know you have it and then they just see it there...

Back
Top Bottom