Ten Years After

Hajidub

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Ten Years After
~Undead~
Deram (London records)
UK Blues

I bought this album last week after watching the 4 hour long documentary of Woodstock. The lead singer/guitarist Alvin Lee was a beast at Woodstock, easily completed with any English guitar player (Clapton, Beck, Mayall) I've ever heard. Though his voice can be nasally at times, the music he and his band crank out is really bluesy and nice. Check them out, the last song on the album "I'm Going Home" is the song they played at Woodstock and worth a listen. The song summertime has a great blues solo/bordering on Jazz by their drummer and sounded awesome. This is an album that can be had for under $10 in great condition.

Enjoy!

Alvin Lee and Ten Years after would have to be my favourite artists/groups.
Have been since the 70's.
Brilliant

I grew up in music waste land of ND.
Other than Top 40 stuff played to death on the radio and country western, I didn't get much.

Some friends found some good stuff and we learned a little.

There was one Ten Years After pop song but played to death and I didn't think they were my type.

Late one night a few years ago, a local FM station played "One of These Days".

!!!

Since then, I have checked into more of Ten Years After and Alvin Lee.

I like it.

There is some good Alvin Lee on YouTube.
"Bluest Blue" is excellent.

A Space in Time got overplayed on the local radio., so
Watt was always my favorite ...!
(Even if "Allmusic" preferred Cricklewood Green, i didn't!)

Watt.jpeg.jpg

I like Cricklewood & Watt best of the TYA albums.

I live near Vancouver and they played here twice that I've seen. The intro band was a local one - Seeds of Time that out did TYA. I'm halfway through a book written by Seeds of Time's drummer who touched on that. Seems that during a second tour with a leg in Western Canada, Alvin Lee was incenced enough at being upstaged that he refused to play future gigs with Seeds of Time as the intro.

TYA first album, IMO, is fantastic. It's been in regular rotation for more than 30 years. Cover tunes: Spoonful, Help Me and the story of Help Me being recorded is just cool. Check out Recorded Live, their "Official Bootleg".

TYA first album, IMO, is fantastic. It's been in regular rotation for more than 30 years. Cover tunes: Spoonful, Help Me and the story of Help Me being recorded is just cool. Check out Recorded Live, their "Official Bootleg".

Hah, just found their Live 2xLP gatefold last Sunday at a thrift.

Back
Top Bottom