Tent campers

Tim, the camper looks great! :thmbsp:

We've been bit by the camping bug as well...

We bought a 2003 27ft Four Winds travel trailer new
in 2003 (duh!), we were looking for used when the
salesman showed us the one we bought that was
actually cheaper than the used ones! :banana:

Have fun camping! :D

Scott

Go for it. You will not regret it. Popups pull easy, are comfortable, even have roof air. No time like the present.

Here's a slightly fuzzy pic just before we left on Friday :)

Two lessons learned whilst camping:

1. Never assume that you'll have electricity all night long and depend on an electric heater ;)

2. When ya flush, don't just do it to make sure the crap exits the toilet.....let it run for a little bit, or you're going to end up with a shit job when you disconnect your septic hose :eek:

Kamakiri said:
Here's a slightly fuzzy pic just before we left on Friday :)

Two lessons learned whilst camping:

1. Never assume that you'll have electricity all night long and depend on an electric heater ;)

2. When ya flush, don't just do it to make sure the crap exits the toilet.....let it run for a little bit, or you're going to end up with a shit job when you disconnect your septic hose :eek:

#1 - Get an electric heater with a thermostat and set it a
little higher than the thermostat on the camper's furnace.
That way you have the camper's heater as a back up.

#2 - Dump the black tank first (toilet) then dump your gray
tank last to "flush" what the black tank left behind.

Camper really looks great Tim, ya done really good!

How was the first time out camping???

Scott

Kamakiri said:
Just a poop pipe out the bottom I'm afraid :lmao:

Eeewwww! :yuck:

I thought you'd have at least one holding tank! :D

Glad ya had fun! Makes it all worth while! :thmbsp:

Scott

The lady we had agreed to buy the trailer from did not consult her hubbie, they are an older couple and he was in the hospital at the time we looked at it, a few weeks later when he got home she told him we were coming to see it after the snow melted and buy it if everything was a OK on it. He said NO, said he had already promised it to the neighbors :( So we were out of luck.

We still have all our camping gear and tents tho ;)

We picked up a 1990 popup that is like new inside with awning, refridge, in/outside stove, weighs 950 and is pulled by the 4 cyl Caravan easily for $1,000.00

Now to find the time to take it somewhere besides the driveway.....

However, kids don't care where you are and coffee is only a dozen steps away in the morning :thmbsp:

Here's project number two.....almost campable. Been working on this old pop up for about six weeks in my spare moments. She's a Cox Commander 515, unknown year as it's registered as a 1980 homebuilt. A lot of canvas patching, obtaining cushions, jumping through hoops at the DMV, and cleaning/defunkifying....

The Waldorf Astoria it ain't, but the sun is gradually fading the mildew stains on the canvas, it has lost its musty smell and I'll be pulling her down the road to somewhere for a trial in a couple weeks. Anyone, of course, that has a couple hundred bucks and HAS to have it can always drop me a PM ;)

Water system is working, just have to hook up the propane. Sleeps 6, and fits neatly into the garage (6 x 10)

Kamakiri said:
SNIP A lot of canvas patching, SNIP)

Kam, if you have any holes to patch, the iron on patches for jeans, (yes they still sell the stuff!) works great. I do it on both sides for strength. :thmbsp:

What, the first camper wasn't good enough for ya? :D

How's the boat coming along (or is it)?

Scott

Back
Top Bottom