Thanking your Secret Santa / HH

SS update...gift arrived on the 24th and I got 2 Lp's I've never heard of. They were

Television---Marquee Moon
The Incredible String Band--The Hangmans Beautiful Daughter (180g)

I'll be giving them a whirl ASAP and thanks much Mr. Venus HiFi

Mike

WoW, excellant present. I opened my gifts this morning; children's book on trains and a Grisman / Garcia CD [Not for kids only]. Nice, we checked it out earlier. Thanks Secret Santa, very thoughtful! MikE

p.s. What, no tubes?! :scratch2:

Originally posted by ProAc_Fan
SS update...gift arrived on the 24th and I got 2 Lp's I've never heard of. They were

The Incredible String Band--The Hangmans Beautiful Daughter (180g)

I'll be giving them a whirl ASAP and thanks much Mr. Venus HiFi

My pleasure, Mike!

"Marquee Moon" is a true '70s classic from the New York underground rock scene - it's an amazing album, and it was recently reissued on vinyl as well, so I figured that this would be a safe bet.

In a completely different vein, "The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter" is among the most psychedelic British folk albums to come out of the late '60s. It may also be one of the first "world music" albums as well, featuring an unusual mix of European, Middle Eastern, and Asian instruments. This LP is considered a minor masterpiece by many (and it's certainly among my favorite albums), but my wife finds it irritating.

If you wind up siding with my wife on this second album, never fear, as the second installment of my Secret Santa gift will be arriving shortly - the only reason that it was not included with the LPs is that it only arrived here a couple of days ago...

Happy holidays!
Brian

Last edited:
Dear SS

I appreciate you revealing yourself, at least to me. The gifts are keepers. Thanks again. :D MikE

Well, mine came today 27 December.....AND BOY WAS IT WORTH WAITING FOR! I got,

3 cans of macadamia nuts (assorted flavors)
a box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts (my father would walk over my daughters for a mouthful of those)
a bag of 100% Kona coffee. YEAH!
a very nice plate to put it all on!

THANK YOU Millerdog! Great gift man.

Mr. Hardy,

My pleasure.

Toasted Almond

Back
Top Bottom