Thanks Ronnie- New Sansui owner

Kim G

Well since I got the day off to honor the late President Reagan, I got to hit the big city for some junkin. First stop, an estate sale, a well to do older single gentleman. Bought his M- (one scratch on top of the amp ) Sansui TU-717 and matching AU-717 with all original paperwork. $40 a piece. Did I get burned for $80? Serial numbers are: AU-717 - 217100594 TU-717 - 847091989
Can someone glean some production info from these? Any opinions welcome. I have never owned any Sansui equipment, but I do have a pair of Sansui SP 1000 speakers setting in my daughters system.

Thanks................ Kim

Hi Kim:

I got the day off today as well (R.I.P., Mr. Reagan).

Congrats on your latest acquisitions, those are two very fine Sansui models.

The s/n's indicate the amp is an October '77 model, and the tuner, Sept '77.

B/F

Let's see...

matching TU/AU 717 pair,
ONE whole scratch,
original paperwork,
$80 for the pair.

Geeez, you sure got ripped. Better cut your losses -- since I feel kinda bad for you, I'd be willing to take them off your hands at half price. I think I could get some use out of them for $40.
:deal:

Seriously, assuming they work well, that's a MAJOR score!! Just take a look at the current E-Bay prices for those units. There's usually anywhere from one to five AU-717 units being sold at any one time. (At least, when I last snooped around for them.) Sansui sold tons of those. And the TU-717 isn't that hard to run across either.

Yow!

What a DEAL!

I just bought a TU-717 for $125 (though the seller tossed in a working Nakamichi 581 cassette deck and non-working Pioneer SPEC-4 amp), but they can sell for much higher -- up to $300 (though I think that price would be crazy).

I've been thinking of looking around for an AU- series integrated amp to match it, one of AU-517, 717, 719, 819, 919, something like that. But they go for much more than $40, too.

Hook them up and give them a listen. I think you'll enjoy them.

Back
Top Bottom