Thanks to all who helped me in packing and shipping forum

mentalmonkey

Just wanted to give a big "THANK YOU!" to all of you who gave me advise shipping out my speaker driver on the packing and shipping forum.

I took all the good advise and bolted the driver and crossover to a 3/4" piece of plywood, with a sheet of bubble wrap and a soft felt piece between the wood and the speaker unit. Under the ply wood, I placed a jigsaw cut sheet of 2" foam as a cushon. Then I used foam sheets to line the inner box and insure the wood base wouln't move. All of this was in a new double walled box. I am pretty sure the driver was safe right then, but I placed that box in anotheer double walled box 4" larger in every direction, and used the 2" sheets of foam to line the spaces between the two boxes. Can anyone say OVERKILL!!! :D

After what my driver sold for and the fact it was flying to South Korea, I didn't want to take ANY chances of it getting damaged.

Due to the box size (24x24x21), I had to use FedEx Economy Air, cost the buyer $420, but he was happy with that. He just received it 4 days after I shipped it and said he couldn't be happyer with the speaker or the shipping. Said it was "Amazing packing".

:thmbsp: Thank you to Don C, CUlator, Vintage TX, Gyusher, and Styler!

Last edited:
From a buyer's POV (sorry, 'point of view') nothing is more nerve-wracking than putting out big bucks for a piece of near-unobtainium, then waiting and wondering about how well it will be packed, and whether it will survive the trip. When an item packed like yours arrives, the feeling is better than finding the widget in the first place, and then winning the auction. Way to go, mm. :thmbsp:

One of the great things about AK is the amount of expertise upon which we can draw. What a great community! :banana:

I have gotten a few of those "great packing" feedbacks, that's always nice. It actually bugs me when I get more feedback later, pushing those down and off of the first page.

luvvinvinyl, I know what you mean about the relief of a package well done. I've held my breath a few times. I just recieved an old toy microscope I won for my little girl, the seller wraped the cardboard box the scope came in with brown wraping paper and labled it. Wow could he have packed it any worse? I won it for dirt cheap, but if I had sold it, I still would have packed it very well. I have learned more from AK then I ever could from any other place. I just wish I could find more Bose speakers to sell for family income, and leave the good equipment for myself. :naughty:

Don C, its funney you said that about your "great sell" feedback going lower and lower, I've been stressing about all the stupid little things my wife and I bought just before Christmas, that would move my Speaker down the list. :lmao: We just started a second e-bay account with same name and a number 2 after it, to use as a "buyer" account. :)

Back
Top Bottom