Thanks to Grumpy & Comp'ny

Jerry_

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I arrived Friday evening to meet my friends from Hawthorne Audio and help them unload. It was really nice to see that Grumpy had arranged two very pleasant young men (one was his son I believe) to assist exhibitors with unloading and transporting equipment up to their rooms. They had nice sturdy carts, friendly dispositions and careful hands. Completely unexpected and very much appreciated.

My first impression (from the exhibitor's point of view) is that the show is nicely staged and well run. This is my first time participating in this type of event, and I can see a tremendous value for all involved.

From a visitors point of view, I enjoyed the other rooms and the warm greetings from members, exhibitors and other visitors.

Finally, the hotel staff really seem great and the atrium view really helps to give the venue some space.

Well done guys. You should all be very proud.

Jerry

Ditto that. This was the first time I ever reserved an AK member listening room. Everything was well organized and made easy. Whats more, we had a blast!

Thanks to all the organizers!

And to think, these same people managed to pull off great events in that other place with the funky elevators. I swore they would go up, then sneak down the outside of the hotel.

The hotel venue was awesome!

Hell, we could have even had a Bose toss inside the building here...

Seriously, there is no comparison to the venue of years past. The staff, the facilities, the food, the bar, etc. etc...

Kuddos and thanks to ALL the people that made this happen and go as smooth as silk! Can't wait for next year.

Ditto on all that's been said. :thmbsp: Hey, and not only did you all do a terrific job, you're some of the nicest people I've ever met. :yes:

I must agree! The slightly upscale digs made for a comfy fest.
Everyone was nice to each other, people helped you out...the snobbery was at a minimum and it really showed.
Some cool experimentation went on too.
(No, no men in womens clothing or anything, I meant AUDIO experimentation.)

Thank you for putting on a great show! Both days rocked!! :):):)

Parking sucks in San Diego, you are right about that Jesse. We could do it at a hotel up in La Jolla or better yet, down across the border here in Baja!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Jerry,

Matthew is my step son and will surely appreciate your kind words. He has been hauling our exhibitors gear up and down since he was 16 years ( 21 now ) I can say without any hesitation that he and his friend Jeff are the hardest working people at any fest past and future.

He really does this as a favor to both his mom and me but in the end he always has a blast. Thanks Matt and Jeff !

Jerry,

Matthew is my step son and will surely appreciate your kind words. He has been hauling our exhibitors gear up and down since he was 16 years ( 21 now ) I can say without any hesitation that he and his friend Jeff are the hardest working people at any fest past and future.

He really does this as a favor to both his mom and me but in the end he always has a blast. Thanks Matt and Jeff !

Grumpy,
Thanks so much for all you, your family and everyone else did to pull off this fest, it was awesome, Matt has helped me out at every fest I attended with my chest freezer size and weight speakers. He always handles the gear with pride like it's his own, tell me where did he learn how to be so courteous?? Must be Mrs. Grumpy?? :scratch2: At any rate, I was glad to see him going around and listening to systems on Sunday and enjoying himslef before the hard job of taking it all down!! Thanks again, Dave. :yes:

I'll have to add my thanks. Running something like this is a huge undertaking. Having to rearrange everything to a new venue in 2 months is unheard of. Everything seemed to be well orgainized and everyone was having a great time - which is what it's all about.

Bryan

Thanks Mr and Mrs Grumpy, and all the other volunteers, including your hard working boys... but that would be men now!

A success for sure!

Pete

Back
Top Bottom