Thanks ups for destroying what I thought were unbreakable speakers

Discussion in 'Packing & Shipping' started by gentlejax, Oct 2, 2017.

1. roadrunnerx

roadrunnerx AK Subscriber Subscriber

Luckily my area's manager kept his word. Sorry yours did not.
    I went to selling large items local only, saw enough fraud while I helped a local audio shop.
    (Not receiving, swapping equipment and returning, etc) Paypal does refund to easily before things are returned.
    They marked their items inside and could tell when swapped. Still lost out.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. vonclod

vonclod AK Subscriber Subscriber

My bud just got word an SET amp he sent to the states arrived with one of the chokes ripped free from the case..maybe they delivered it via catapult..or airdrop sans parachute.
    I will never ship anything.

3. KLH9

KLH9 A Double Pair Sounds OK

The only place peanuts should go is the space between the inner and outer shipping boxes.

4. slimecity

slimecity Super Member

That sounds dodgy.....

But seriously - are peanuts not the done thing for packing - in general - or just for large heavy items?

5. Oerets

Oerets AK Subscriber Subscriber

Buyer pays for the shipping and materials so I always go with the best. Speakers inside a box that fits the driver. Frame zip tied to box. Then foam or Styrofoam sheet cut to fit and bubble wrap. Try to keep the weight down. So placing multiple drivers into the same box is to be determined at boxing. Pictures and pictures of the packing.

Barney

6. ETLS

ETLS metacarpophalangealcranium Subscriber

If you're shipping shipping peanuts, you'll most likely be fine. They seem to get along fine when alone with their own kind. Trouble arises when something else rides inside that box. That's when the gang mentality rears its ugly head and those peanuts go back alley on the intruder. Naturally the drivers don't want to be victimized by the gang of peanuts, so they hurriedly get out of harm's way by throwing that box quickly, and far.

slimecity likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. rxonmymind

rxonmymind AK Subscriber Subscriber

Once I bought something and left to go take a shower. Came back down and my daughter was having SO much fun with all the packing peanuts all over the living room. Rolling in it, stomping on it crunching them up into tiny tiny pieces.
    It took FOREVER to clean up. :whip:It was a good learning experience as she helped clean it up. Then it was MY turn to laugh as static electricity stuck to her when trying to clean it all up. :D
    She never touched that stuff again. Lol.

kryten79 likes this.