Thanks!

Discussion in 'AK Fest 2004' started by whell, Feb 21, 2004.

1. whell

whell AK Subscriber Subscriber

Just wanted to drop a note of thanks to the organizers of today's event. It really was a nice way to spend a Saturday, hanging out with like-minded audio enthusiasts.

Every once in a while I'm reminded that there are folks who are light years ahead of me in terms of their knowledge of our hobby and how that knowledge can really expand the possibilities for enjoying the music. Today was certainly one of those days.

It was great meeting folks, and putting names on some of the forum names.

Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to the next one!

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Ski

Ski what? Subscriber

I couldn't agree more

I had a great time and made some new friends. It's great to be able to put a face to a name. "All music and no attitude" is absolutely correct.

3. Grumpy

Grumpy Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma Staff Member Admin Sponsor Subscriber

Ya know what guys ? It was our pleasure ! Hell without none of you AK fest would have been a pretty lonely place. ;)

4. dmax99

dmax99 Lookin' For Live

I had a great time as well ,being a newer member it was cool to meet alot of the board veterans.Great gear ,great music ,lets do it again.David

5. dgwojo

dgwojo AK Subscriber Subscriber

Grumpy,
    You did an outstanding job getting this all together, thank you and your family for such a great time, they sure worked hard. Also, thanks to everyone else who helped put this together, I heard stories of rooms being set-up between 02:00 and 06:00 this morning, that's dedication to the cause!! It was a real pleasure to finally meet Billfort, and Dr. Echowars, among all the others, let's do it again soon!! :thmbsp:

6. moondog

moondog Super Member

Just from what I've seen & read so far, it sure looks like the boys did it up right. (Not that I expected anything less).

Good bunch of folks for sure. :thmbsp:
    mOOn

7. MikE

MikE Color Me Gone

Thanks Grumpy for putting on a great event. Nice to finally put faces to names and to chat with all of you guys that were at Lima last year.

MikE

8. soundhd

soundhd Active Member

I also want to say to all who helped put the "gathering" together a job well done..........I also am fairly new to Audio Karma and I had a great time, met some very nice and interesting people.
    Have not been able to spend alot of time listening to the new "tube" gear until yesterday, was very impressed......
    Heard some very nice sounding speakers systems, and a couple of great ones.......
    Was very impressed with the comparsion of a SACD player and a "high-end" turntable.....both were "very" close but what surprized me about that was the "table" (MH MF-9) sounded just a tiny bit better (sound field was a little bit deeper).......goes to show that vinyl is still in the running..........takes a little bit more set-up but it's "still on top" when it comes to a music source..........
    Looking foward to when I get my new turntable in the next month or two.....again thanks guys..................:yippy:

9. NOSValves

NOSValves AK Subscriber Subscriber

I sure am glad that Grumpy called me and invited me to the event. I had a great time and met some wonderful and diverse audio freaks ! The gear at the event was very diverse and interesting. It all sounded great in one way or the other.

I must say this is a very different forum membership then any other I have ever been a member. Great people !!

Craig

Please register to disable this ad.

10. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

I want to thank Kam, Ward, And most of all his Grumpyness for putting this whole shindig together. It was a great time!!

Wish all of you could have been there!!!

Dave

11. Fishstink

Fishstink Member

Great people + great gear = a great time.

Thanks to all the organizers and those who attended. The time flew by and putting faces to nicknames was good too. Everyone was so helpful and polite. Still a foot off the ground today.

12. BrianB

BrianB AK Vendor Emeritus Moderator

Indeed!

My hat's off to you, Grumpy, for a job well done! Organizing an event like this is never easy, and I can tell you for a fact that everyone had a blast.

Many thanks as well to Wardsweb and Kamakiri for all the support they provided - their contributions ensured that AK-Fest 2004 did indeed capture the "essence" of AudioKarma.

Although this was a relatively small show, with only ten rooms or so of gear, I wish that it could have gone on for another day or two! I had a lot of fun in my own room, and really enjoyed meeting many fellow AKers for the first time, but I do wish that I could have spent more time in some of the other rooms and had more of a chance to kick back and chat with the other attendees. In other words, the show was the epitome of "short but sweet"!

Can we do it again next month, Grumpy? :D