That Auction Place

jim249

I just went to buy something off that auction place and they wouldn't let me buy the item because I don't have an PP account. I pay through PP all the time with a credit card. Are they trying to force people to open an account with them? This is not very fair to the sellers at all!

I think it's up to the seller whether they accept only PP for payment. FWIW paying via PP (not friends & family) you have protection from bad merchandise. Why wouldn't you want that? You have certain rights when you use a CC but PP makes it much easier to reclaim your money if you get damaged or broken goods. I sell on 'that' auction site once in a while - the only way I accept payment is PP. And I don't sell outside of the US & Canada.

The seller is being paid through PP. Why should the seller care if I have an account with PP? They have been paid and the item is being shipped to the CC address. I have dealt with PP in the past when I used to sell on that auction site. PP is worthless when it comes to protection for sellers.

Ask the seller to send you a PayPal invoice. Once you have that, you can pay via a regular credit card.

Why should the seller care if I have an account with PP?

The seller didn't do that - Paypal did. When you buy using a credit card through Paypal, you are a "guest". After a certain number of transactions (somewhere around 100) Paypal will no longer letyo u be a "guest". They want you to open an account so they can use your money when you're not.

Another solution is to open another ebay account with a different name. The counter starts a zero again.

Ask the seller to send you a PayPal invoice. Once you have that, you can pay via a regular credit card.
I tried to contact the seller through TAS and TAS said the seller was unavailable. I have had that response on other occasions too. Interesting that the ad says to please contact with any questions.

The seller didn't do that - Paypal did. When you buy using a credit card through Paypal, you are a "guest". After a certain number of transactions (somewhere around 100) Paypal will no longer letyo u be a "guest". They want you to open an account so they can use your money when you're not.

Another solution is to open another ebay account with a different name. The counter starts a zero again.
I have no way hit that many transactions. I purchased an aluminum knob right after and that was no problem. As you say, I checked out as a guest.

Back
Top Bottom